Holiday in Czech republic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

forrester123

Car
E 320
End of May, I am taking my E320 petrol on holiday to the Czech Republic,about 30 miles from the German border.
I want to visit Pilsen & Dresden & think Prague will be too far for a day trip.Any advice on visiting these cities appreciated.
Any other towns/places you can recommend, plus any route tips or general info.
Thanks.

Never been myself but would be interested in any replies.

Not a normal holiday destination for drivers I imagine.

Good luck though please feed back on here when you return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure if you have accommodation booked, but Pilsen is an interesting place. A tour of the brewery is a good way to spend a few hours :)

If you have time visit the Bone Church at Kutna Hora - it's completely extraordinary.

Prague is a lovely city. The museum of communism is worth a couple of hours, and the monastery museum at the top of the hill has the most amazing illuminated library and collection of taxidermy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Czech Republic is a nice friendly country, we used to visit regularly when I worked in Munich.
Be careful about what you purchase close to the border,the German customs are not amused by fake Vodka, or fake anything for that matter, and Fireworks.

Tony

Drove there from Glasgow about 2 years ago in Sprinter went to do a job just outside Prague Ricany I think it was was there for 2 weeks nice enough quiet town really friendly and dirt cheap be careful of the beer it's good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom