Holiday Log Cabins & Lodges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
I'm hoping the panel can give me some personal recommendations on log cabins and lodges for holidays in the UK, let me explain.

January is JSWMBO 21st birthday so main present is a new car which she does not know about and hopefully should come as a complete surprise (luckily she is not a member on here)

However what she has said she would like to do is go away in a log cabin for her birthday in January in the UK with all the family together. She is not particularly bothered on location as at that time of year we are obviously not expecting good weather, so somewhere with good scenery in the country would be good, OK the must haves

• 2 Lodges with 3 bedrooms each (or 6 bed lodge)
  • Hot tub
  • deck/outside area
  • close to a village
  • close to a pub

If anyone has any personal recommendations or links to websites I would be most grateful.

TIA

Lapland - if you want to stay in a log cabin in winter , it has to be north of the arctic circle in Lapland.

January prices wont be nearly as scary as christmas time.

When my family were younger Center Parcs was the favourites winter destination...not quite but almost log cabins in the country.

Lapland - if you want to stay in a log cabin in winter , it has to be north of the arctic circle in Lapland.

January prices wont be nearly as scary as christmas time.

Been there and done that one and stayed at the ice hotel, fantastic experience :thumb:

Unfortunately has to be in UK because she wants all the family there which means we have to cater for everyone aged 2 - 82, so yep I know I have a challenge on my hands :thumb:

Totally agree though for anyone that has not done it you have to get North of the Arctic Circle once in your life. I'm fortunate as I get to do this about 4 times a year with work, next time in November for me

I regularly go HERE and HERE which are just south of the Arctic Circle but THIS is the most Northerly mine I visit, inside the Arctic circle at Spitzbergen where we have just commissioned a new coal mine and processing facility, here the biggest danger is not the cold, but the polar bears :eek:

I stayed in one next to loch Lubnaig which seems to fulfil all of your requirements - decking, good views, hot tub, solid fuel burner.
Quite a teck to walk to the nearest town/pub though, but some good walks and drives (if not quite the finest that Scotland has to offer)
Don't know if they are available at that time of year, and DO get one near the loch shore.

I stayed in one next to loch Lubnaig which seems to fulfil all of your requirements - decking, good views, hot tub, solid fuel burner.
Quite a teck to walk to the nearest town/pub though, but some good walks and drives (if not quite the finest that Scotland has to offer)
Don't know if they are available at that time of year, and DO get one near the loch shore.

Theres one in the Hoeseasons brochure called Strathyre Forest on the banks of Lubnaig, is that the ones?

flanaia1 said:
Theres one in the Hoeseasons brochure called Strathyre Forest on the banks of Lubnaig, is that the ones?

Not sure - out on the bike atm. I will check when I get back - certainly know we didn't use Hoseasons.

this
scotland_log_cabin
looks like it ticks all the boxes. Pitlochry & surrounding area is beautiful

It would be worth ringing them to see if there is any flexibility in the dates. They may well be determined, not by bookings, but by their booking cycle. I'm pretty sure they will be accommodating if at all possible.

It would be worth ringing them to see if there is any flexibility in the dates. They may well be determined, not by bookings, but by their booking cycle. I'm pretty sure they will be accommodating if at all possible.

Thats actually a good idea thanks, will give them a call tomorrow in business hours as I have actually seen these lodges and they do look good :thumb:

There are several in the Suffolk area in the English Country Cottages brochures. ECC have never let me down yet. Make sure that you read the user reviews re local amenities as some can be scarce.

Maybe a bit of a trek for you but we stayed at Finlakes in Devon last year. All the lodges are in the woods on stilts the large ones have a hot tub on the balcony and a sauna inside. Restaurant and a heated indoor pool too.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using MBClub UK

I'm not too bothered how far we travel but guess I should take into consideration in January we may have snow down which may make the longer distance travel ones an issue, but still I think I would take the gamble an the one thing you can't predict in this country is the weather

Hi Ian, These are the ones

http://www.forestholidays.co.uk/loc...atch=e&plid=&***id=COK8ud7Dr7gCFaPHtAodAVcAIQ

I think they are the sane as the Hoseasons ones.
The jacuzzi was very clean, it is cleaned/ chemicals added etc every day, the 'cabin' was very spacious and as warm as you like.
The nearest town is Callender. We walked there a couple of times but it is a trek. Well worth it for the excellent fish suppers.
There is an old railway line - closed since the Beeching era which runs through and gives great walks either way. There are also some cracking walks around the Braes of Balquhidder.

Don't forget though, in January it may be inaccessible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom