Holiday missed daughter in accident.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gh3382

Car
ML350 4Matic
We were due to go to Tenerife on Sunday morning but our 14 year old walked in to the road and was hit by a taxi

It happened in front of our house and we heard the bang to see her on the floor.

Being a coastal rescue officer i am medically trained but did not expect to be using it on my kid.

The car a Skoda Octavia is a right mess and she was carried about 15 metres and dumped on the ground.

She has grazes cuts, bruising, concussion, kidney injury causing blood to be passed and trauma injury to her spleen.

She is good spirits and up walking and is "Bored " and wants to come home.

I am amazed at the lack of injury to her considering the damage to the car and she has been an extremely lucky kid.

Gh3382

Very lucky girl considering the circumstances - hope she has a speedy recovery.

Crikey - not something I'd ever want someone to experience, seeing their child hurt like that, but I'm very glad to hear she is alive and well-ish. Hopefully the prognosis is good.

My mother and father and I were called rapidly to come to where my sister had been hit on her motorcycle, and that wasn't a pretty sight. My father was worse affected than my mother, so take care of yourself too.

Just the thought of it gives me nightmares. Glad to hear she's OK!

Should've been skiing last week but cancelled as my 3.5 yr old boy broke his leg. **** happens, be glad it wasn't worse!

Wishing her a speedy recovery mate.

Terrible experience I'm sure - every parents nightmare.

Glad she's relatively okay though given the circumstances and hope she makes a speedy recovery.

I wish you and your daughter well.

Mic

Kids - they don't half age the parents prematurely. Hope she makes a quick recovery.

Also, from your wording, it sounds like you think it was mostly/all her fault. Assuming that, my sympathies also go to the taxi driver, who must be pretty shaken up...

Very sorry to read this GH - I hope all concerned/affected recover soon.

Lucky girl...thank God.

Was she, by any chance, on her mobile?

Every parents nightmare... Glad she is ok.

I guess some thanks has to go to modern safety features, NCAP etc etc as an older more solid car would certainly have done more damage/

Hoping that all goes well and that she has a speedy recovery.

Speedy recovery wished to your daughter. Tell her we are all wishing her well.

What a nightmare! be thankful the Skoda is well designed in terms of pedestrian impacts, had it been an older car it would have had far less damage your daughter significantly more I suspect.

I wish her a full and speedy recovery

Hope she soon gets well again, another riminder to ensure we watch our speeds.

Wish her a full and speedy recovery .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom