Holiday suggestions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We like santopeter spain go 3 or 4 times a year allways something to do for kids & big kids :bannana:

Another vote for South West USA, or Cyprus.

I did a family trip with my sister to Cyprus October before last, so we had age ranges of 9, 14 and 18, which is tricky. A good villa with a TV/games room for the kids went down well. Plus we did snorkelling at the Blue lagoon, followed by towing each of them in a ring behind the speedboat.

The Teppenaki restaurant in Coral Bay, where they prepare dinner as a cabaret performance they enjoyed, as they did the Elvis impersonator, and the traditional food at the Peia Tavern.

I asked the kids to rate the trip on the way home and they all said 10 out of 10.

:)

East coast US seems to be looking popular. Disney tickets adds about a grand so may not do that again....

eygypt sharm,,,,cracking family deals at luxury resorts!!!

eygypt sharm,,,,cracking family deals at luxury resorts!!!

Did a week there last Feb and loved it, must be crazy hot in the summer though.. ?

what about Kenya Safari for a week then on to the coast for some relaxation,,,magical!!!

I see no-one has reccommended staying in Gt Britain. OK, OK, can't guaruntee the weather but how many of you can say that you have seen everything in our own country.
White water rafting? Wales.
Beaches? Try round Durness NW Scotland.
Mountains? Scotland and Wales.
Funfairs? Nearly everywhere.
Food? Some of the best in the world.
Need I go on?

I see no-one has reccommended staying in Gt Britain. OK, OK, can't guaruntee the weather but how many of you can say that you have seen everything in our own country.
Need I go on?

No need for me, I love The South Coast and South West but holidays in this country are generally a total rip off....and as for good food we compare very poorly in terms of quality, price and service with most of the world.
I've already booked Marrakesh in April and Spain in August for all inclusive golf and will do something similar in November in Tenerife....not much good for children though.
Ref the OP we never went far wrong with Orlando.

Need I go on?

*cough :)

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1405110-post4.html

Year before last we went to Lake Garda in Italy, I can honestly say it was the best family holiday I think we've been on. We stayed in Garda, right on the lakeside. We hired a car and day tripped to Venice, another day to Verona (home to Romeo & Juliet), took a cable car up Monte Boldo (which is on the lake). We hired a speed boat and spent a day at the theme park called Gardaland (also on the lake) which quite easily matched Euro Disney and not far off those in Florida. On top of that the people are friendly and the scenery is stunning.

At the time my kids were 16, 14, 11 & 10. It really depends what you're after, Florida is fun, but I'd take Italy again in preference to the States. I'd recommend Rome too, but I wouldn't go more than a week, and you most definitely need a hotel with a pool!

This all depends if you all like water! swimmign, sailing etc

Caribbean. Barbados is the liveliest of the Islands.
Cuba and Mexico - all inclusives were good for us with two teenage boys.

Capetown area, but the sea is like ice! Not for swimming in.

Year before last we went to Lake Garda in Italy, I can honestly say it was the best family holiday I think we've been on. We stayed in Garda, right on the lakeside. We hired a car and day tripped to Venice, another day to Verona (home to Romeo & Juliet), took a cable car up Monte Boldo (which is on the lake). We hired a speed boat and spent a day at the theme park called Gardaland (also on the lake) which quite easily matched Euro Disney and not far off those in Florida. On top of that the people are friendly and the scenery is stunning.

At the time my kids were 16, 14, 11 & 10. It really depends what you're after, Florida is fun, but I'd take Italy again in preference to the States. I'd recommend Rome too, but I wouldn't go more than a week, and you most definitely need a hotel with a pool!

Sounds great without the kids.

I understand Amsterdam could be quite an educational destination for your kids age group, expecially boys.;)

We went for a long weekend with our boys and they liked it.
We did happen to wander down "the street" with the ladies in the windows, ( quite by accident) it was early evening and I think Ajax were playing at home in europe!

Great for art if they like that sort of stuff.
Some interesting street theatre as well.
My son was laughing his head off at the nude high wire act, who was a 60 plus old man!!

Well being someone who is always trying to have a couple of holidays as opposed to just one, I usually just check what Groupon Getaways are offering in relation to ski deals and then a trip to the med for a few days twice in the summer. But I am yet to do a big family holiday.

The plan is for the entire family include all siblings and their respective familys to go on a sailing holiday. So I would recommend something similar. Try: Sailing Holidays Ltd - Sailing and Flotilla Sailing Holidays in Greece they are pretty good, and this is who we are looking to go with.

For many years the Isle of Wight was OK for me. Something tells me this isn't quite what you're looking for :)
Been 20 times on holiday there, first as a young boy with my Mother and father and in later years taking my wife and children.We have been in all accomodation from Caravan to 5 star hotel.I love it especially Ventnor.:bannana:

I'll add a vote for a Cruise... but be careful which line.

Definitely NO to MSC, Costa, Thomson, Fred Olsen

Maybe Royal Caribbean... but I find them a bit too "Butlins" ... brash and loud without real quality... but that's just my opinion

My vote would go to P&O... especially Ventura or Azura, which are the two newest ships.
The kids clubs are excellent... the teenagers can learn circus skills and take part in a rock band programme... the adults can unwind in classy bars... great food...
Choose "Freedom Dining" then you can eat when you want.

Princess cruises come a very close second to P&O... their kids club is not quite as good.

Take a cruise from Southampton, that way there is no flying to bother about.

The destination is not over important; the ship itself is the main destination...

Florida for me every time, Hire a villa with a pool, get a 4 day cruise from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas for around $200 each in the middle of the trip with Carnival (Freeport and Nassau) to break it up.......Kids will love it...

Why fly?

For the last 4 years we have loaded up the car and headed into France.

The last 2 years we have stayed HERE and had an amazing holiday.

Having your own car makes life so easy and means you can do what you want when you want. By taking the car on the tunnel it also means we can pack as much as we can fit in the boot (both there and back) and with the Eurotunnel trains every 20 minutes, we don't have to find ourself at some regional airport in the middle of the night.

This year for a change we are heading HERE into Holland instead. No idea what to expect but it's different

Of course there is also Germany, Italy and so on.

You can even mix things up a bit and make it a bit of a road trip and lets be honest, you have the right car for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom