Holidaying in Piedmont Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abecketts

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280cdi, Disco2, Alfa 166 3.0 and tractors
If any of the forum have been and can recommend location/villas I'd be grateful. The aim is to motor through Belgium and then Germany, stop overnight north of Stuttgart and then complete the journey the following day. Apart from seeking a busmans holiday in the wine region I'm just hoping there's an ideal location with a pool waiting for us.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Jealous!

I shall ask wine friends if they have a recommendation for a villa. On my one trip I stayed in a hotel in Monforte. Stay in Barolo and or Barbaresco, scenery is stunning and an immense number of wineries and vineyards to enjoy. As it's high up and cloudy (Nebbio for mist hence Nebbiolo) you might find pools slightly less available there, but you are very close to the Riviera there too.

Forgot to say, there are a few cantine in the area that make the ruché; I tend to buy from the cantina sociale as they are open 7 days a week; but the one on the right as you enter the village is also extremely good (but only work a few days a week).

the review on trip advisor looked good, thanks for posting it Spinal, wading through a range of accommodation options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom