Holidays at home ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jings, crivvens help ma boab, The Waverly๐Ÿ˜

Many trips on her to Arran in the early 70's ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Billy Connolly was also a frequent visitor and there was a Dance Hall in Lamlash that had a stage at each end, Slade at one end, then Hawkwind at the other!!! Happy Days.๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰
[/QUOTE

Brain Burp:

It wasn't Hawkwind, it was Beggars Opera!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคญ

I didnt know that.

Maybe they could put where they put that reservoir that was porous. That's flat. And well drained.....
And now with over 120,000 tourists in August (apart from this year) the Skopelos people are happy itโ€™s in Skiathos.

Oh no, that leaves me with a Dilemma, I have 3 Gates, what am I going to do?๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ
If one is called Bill you might want to start some rumours about how it's vaccinating African ladies and making them infertile.

If one is called Bill you might want to start some rumours about how it's vaccinating African ladies and making them infertile.

I'm ok then, I have a Front Gate, a Side Gate and Back Gate, if any of them can Carry Out Surgery or Vaccinations, I will point them in the Direction of the Friendly Fox, that after we leave Out Scraps of Meat, SHITS on my Grass! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ก

My son lives in Tavistock which is actually quite nice but with him now being 21 and our daughter is 14 I find it rather boring.
The days of Monkey Land and theme parks have long gone.

I was really really hoping that France would re-open. There are various places I'd like to drive to from Normandy all the way down the west coast to Bordeaux.
France will reopen by July. Whether you wanna go is another matter.

"By coincidence" I checked La Baule this afternoon. An easy one day drive in an E500
Rental prices are the cheapest (for summer) that I've ever seen, and I first went there two decades ago. Nothing's booked - loads of availability.

"Some say" a hunker down rental is the only way to do it: Markets, coffee out, beaches and dinner home. (Just avoid the rain)

And if anyone develops a temperature, it's a swift one day drive back to "Our NHS."

And then there's Biarritz and Mimizan: both relatively unknown to Brits.

f0cfe76a-41ec-11ea-a879-e56a76ed3e8a

My son lives in Tavistock which is actually quite nice but with him now being 21 and our daughter is 14 I find it rather boring.
The days of Monkey Land and theme parks have long gone.

Monkey land sounds awesome.

France will reopen by July. Whether you wanna go is another matter.

"By coincidence" I checked La Baule this afternoon. An easy one day drive in an E500
Rental prices are the cheapest (for summer) that I've ever seen, and I first went there two decades ago. Nothing's booked - loads of availability.

"Some say" a hunker down rental is the only way to do it: Markets, coffee out, beaches and dinner home. (Just avoid the rain)

And if anyone develops a temperature, it's a swift one day drive back to "Our NHS."

And then there's Biarritz and Mimizan: both relatively unknown to Brits.

f0cfe76a-41ec-11ea-a879-e56a76ed3e8a
All 3 of us (me,bro &sis) have been dropping hints to my mum.!

France is saying they will introduce a quarantine for British visitors if their citizens are not exempt from the proposed UK quarantine.

France is saying they will introduce a quarantine for British visitors if their citizens are not exempt from the proposed UK quarantine.

I'm still puzzled as to how any checks at the Border/Airport are going to be Implemented? ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ

Never mind Tracing Visitors once they pass through Passport Control! ๐Ÿค”

I'm still puzzled as to how any checks at the Border/Airport are going to be Implemented? ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ณ

Never mind Tracing Visitors once they pass through Passport Control! ๐Ÿค”

France is simply doing tit-for-tat with the UK, after the EU said the UK can't give France special treatment.

That should be sorted eventually ..... next couple of weeks or so.

Rumours abounding here of when and not if external tourism will restart .... money is on 1st July-ish.

Folk are already arriving here from other parts of France .... even though hotels, gรฎtes and campsites remain closed. Not all of them are holiday home owners. Folk are making their own decisions.

Agreed, but money talks so I'm expecting a deal will be done by the Investment Banker President.

Remember this impacts business and leisure travel.

I thought he and Boris had already done that Deal last week! ๐Ÿค”

Nothing with the EU is quick.

A French President has to preen and horse trade.

This is massive revenue for France: nearly 100 million tourist nights a year, but a deal would ruffle Spanish feathers.

As ever, the deal will be done at the last minute.

France is simply doing tit-for-tat with the UK, after the EU said the UK can't give France special treatment.

That should be sorted eventually ..... next couple of weeks or so.

Rumours abounding here of when and not if external tourism will restart .... money is on 1st July-ish.

Folk are already arriving here from other parts of France .... even though hotels, gรฎtes and campsites remain closed. Not all of them are holiday home owners. Folk are making their own decisions.

We are you based Swotty?

We have a place in the Charente-Maritime Dept 17, which we let during the summer. We were booked with mostly Brits this year.

The early season bookings all cancelled due to lockdown and then the July bookings have cancelled recently. However those weeks were quickly snapped up by the French and Germans.

August Brit bokings still holding on waiting for direction from relevant Governments. They are on a โ€˜cancel up to 30 days before your stayโ€™ basis.

We have a waiting list of French Germans and Dutch all wanting August weeks if they come available. September is booked solid as well.

Iโ€™m going to be on the first Euro tunnel shuttle out of the UK as soon as France gives the green light on travel. We can drive to the Charente in one hit via the tunnel, sharing the driving so no real risk of unnecessary contact.

I'm ok then, I have a Front Gate, a Side Gate and Back Gate, if any of them can Carry Out Surgery or Vaccinations, I will point them in the Direction of the Friendly Fox, that after we leave Out Scraps of Meat, SHITS on my Grass! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜ก
You feed foxes ? Personally I wouldn't encourage them to come on to my property.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom