Holidays at home ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
With tonight’s announcement of quarantine for those returning from abroad , might this summer see a resurgence of holidays at UK destinations?

Blackpool
Filey
The Cornish Riviera
The Clyde Riviera
Norfolk Broads

Fawlty Towers 😁

How about it ?

Its not quarantine it's self isolation.
I'll be home before it kicks in, but my lifestyle wouldn't really be altered anyway.
No doubt after my next work trip I'll have to self isolate again at home....but like I say, it wont affect me massively.
The whole thing is mad, I've spent the last 7 weeks in Sweden and I get home before it starts so I can be as free as anyone else this time.
It's a farce.

Reactions: 219
Its not quarantine it's self isolation.
I'll be home before it kicks in, but my lifestyle wouldn't really be altered anyway.
No doubt after my next work trip I'll have to self isolate again at home....but like I say, it wont affect me massively.
The whole thing is mad, I've spent the last 7 weeks in Sweden and I get home before it starts so I can be as free as anyone else this time.
It's a farce.
Having come from Sweden, the country with the highest death rate per capita in Europe, will you self isolate anyway. Surely that's the sensible thing to do even if no one tells you too.

I live in my own so I'm isolated anyway, nothing is open, I've been away 7 weeks.... I want to get p!ssed and lay in the sun in my garden, tinker with my bikes and just relax and potter about home.
I'm all stocked up from the big buy before I came away.

Anchorage Hotel in Torquay

(any active members remember?)

For us this Summer will be a staycation. As much as I would like to visit my parents I just can’t risk putting them in danger with even the slightest possibility of bringing the C-19 with me.
On the other side we’ve never been outside of England and tbh I’m looking forward to exploring the other three countries. We will have our own Great British Tour (I call it Whiskey and Ale Tour, but don’t tell my Mrs 😉)

I probably spend around four weeks a year on holiday abroad and around the same amount of time in the UK but in smaller weekend chunks. If I could guarantee warm weather I'd probably sirens more time on holiday here.

Our cruise this summer has been postponed until next year... hoping to get a few weeks on the Isle of Wight in August. Travelling in a private car to the seaside - in the mainly open air - seems infinitely preferable to sitting in a metal tube flying to join a mainly enclosed, crowded ship at the moment...

Given the self-isolation expertise I've developed these last nine weeks, the prospect of being asked to self-isolate like this is no tough call.

The bigger issue is which countries will offer the opportunity to stay in a "safe" environment.

Conclusion: a few brief two night trips in the UK, and then a one or two day drive to somewhere sunny.

Ps. Don't forget: Holidays in the UK are more expensive than their equivalents in Europe, and the weather is generally... rubbish.

I’m all for holidaying in the UK. We’ve not been overseas since 2017, and 2014 before that.

Travelled aplenty over the years but not something we’re desperate for nowadays. It’s all about quality family time. The destination is irrelevant.

I love holidays in the UK - I’ve been abroad to plenty of different countries but nothing can beat Cornwall for us.

When we got back from holiday in Tenerife in December we decided that we would spend this years holiday in the UK . Wanted to get some use out of the Boxster before old age finally catches up with me , and booked a week at Great Yarmouth for September , which is a fair distance from Somerset. Neither of us are particularly bothered about making ANY further overseas trips , but we are wondering whether it will be too soon to be staying in a hotel , and whether , assuming they are open, we will feel comfortable using bars and restaurants . To be honest my attitude to risk is normally , "sod it , what`s the worst that can happen" , but recent events have challenged my erstwhile cavalier attitude.

I’m all for holidaying in the UK. We’ve not been overseas since 2017, and 2014 before that.

Travelled aplenty over the years but not something we’re desperate for nowadays. It’s all about quality family time. The destination is irrelevant.

This 100% couldn't agree more.

I just want to have family and friends over and enjoy the summer.

Really just waiting for Bojo to say you can have family over and have the sacred social interaction with your family and friends. I've stood my ground and socially distanced as per government guidelines but its tough.

We usually have a couple of holidays abroad and a week in Cornwall.

I will miss Cornwall the most.

The lockdown has been a real strain for us.

So, I said to Mrs Ringway that I'd take her anywhere she liked that she could hit on the wall atlas with three darts.

In August, we will be spending two weeks by the dining room skirting board.

I suspect that self catering holiday accommodation in the UK will be much in demand later this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom