holy crp, E63 amg front discs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheepy67

Car
porsche cayenne turbo
Having just bought my E63 amg and have been tweaking it abit, i thought i would enquire as to the price of replacement front discs and pads

Now i was quoted £750 for the CLS55 amg all round discs and pads fitted

soooo when i was quoted £1800 for just the front discs and pads without fitting you could have picked me up of the floor

I mean i knew it was going to be expensive, but whoah

Are the C63 amgs discs the same??, i mean they arn't made of gold or ceramic

Stunned...................

£70K plus car new... Parts will be pricey.

If the part number has AMG in it then it would appear finger in air and think of a number.

:)

Well if nothing else did, this puts me off my idea of an E63. OMG.

^ Funny I was having mine serviced and an SL55 was parked outside looking very un loved,

The service guy was on the phone locating a part, and even overhearing the conversation for a 'pump' the price sounded scarry. Then there is fitting etc..

Now I'm sure they are not all bad, but E55's are now less than £10K and over 100K, E63's are falling below £20K and athough its the same price to buy as a lesser engined model the parts are still exspensive when needed....

Are they composite? The C63 composite ones are about that, but they will last a long, long time.

The E55K ones are around £600 for discs and pads IIRC so I guess the E63 must be quite a bit different!

Now i was quoted £750 for the CLS55 amg all round discs and pads fitted

I was sure you had a CLS55 - so I do remember correctly.

Was your car one of the ones that died at Vmax? What was wrong with it?

E63 are a two piece rotor hence the price!

i managed to buy all 4 genuine disks and red stuff pads all round for under £400, just have to search around.

one more reason to buy the E55 ;)

btw the E55 did have a performance pack brakes package which were more than than the E63 disks and pads!

My 2005 CLK55 Cab discs were £500 odd each with pads at £100 if I remember right.... PCS did mine just before I sold it.... you buy the expensive car.... You get expensive bills!!

Mental note - future upgrade is not E63!

I was sure you had a CLS55 - so I do remember correctly.

Was your car one of the ones that died at Vmax? What was wrong with it?

Yep, that was me, the engine blew the 8th cylinder. bent some rods, broke some rods and bits of the piston went into the 6th and 7th cylinder. :eek:

Engine needed a rebuild, got replaced and then shot of the car :confused:

i managed to buy all 4 genuine disks and red stuff pads all round for under £400, just have to search around.

btw the E55 did have a performance pack brakes package which were more than than the E63 disks and pads!

Hi Alps
Any ideas on suppliers or outlets for these? I'm not in the market for them yet, but if i can get some cheaper then will jump at the chance.

Not any more he can't.

I can give quite a good discount if we fit them as well.

Email me for a quote with the chassis number.

sheepy - just have to keep searching the web parts finders web sites can come in handy and german ebay was good for me! front disks i got from my dealer whos parts guys are very good and give good discounts remember these were for E55 brakes.

A210AMG - Acid cant\doesnt supply genuine parts any longer, but worth asking in case he can get you alternative ones. Oh and obviosly Olly can get you a good supply\fit price :)

That may well have caught me out had I been looking at E63s instead of E55s.

Ouch.

Whoah!

The discs, We can only supply genuine :(

OE Brake Discs (front)
Part Number: 104221800
Note: Special Order Only
Web Price: £678.54 ea
Forum Price: £650 each
http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/104221800/p/home

TRW Brake Pads (front)
Part Number: 101223210
Web Price: £158.40
Forum Price: £110.88 [after 30% forum discount]
http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/101223210/p/home

A total of £1400 odd for a front set, is scary, however as everybody mentioned with a £70k high performance motor, its to be expected!

Hope that helps!

Pat

Last edited:
I wonder how many people 'looking' at these cars now they are under £20K know this though....

That's a £2000 job with some labour and brake fluid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom