Holy Porton Down Batman!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My first job was in the civil service at an RAF Station. We were frequently offered a free weeks holiday with accommodation at Porton Down where the only downside was they wanted to test 'new cold treatments'.

I often wonder what they would have done.

That is frightening, a drop that you can't see, taste or smell that will kill you in minutes or lurk on objects for ages to kill you or someone else later. No wonder it's banned.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Looking at your avatar, I'm not sure you got away Scot free!.?.......?:D

I'm not entirely convinced VX was the culprit in Malasia.

The fatal dose is 10mg, less than a small drop, yet the supposed attacker wearing no protective clothing was completely unharmed,neither were any others nearby affected. The CCTV images of the unfortunate victim taken after the attack show him acting normally, at a time where VX would have him frothing at the mouth, with blue lips and barely able to breathe.

Kim Jong-nam killing: Suspect 'was paid $90 for baby oil prank' - BBC News
Baby oil prank for reality TV show :doh: -----Yes it would appear there are people that stupid.
At least one of the other women involved developed symptoms. Its conceivable that the baby oil acted as a slow release agent delaying the onset of symptoms and also permitting those in contact with the agent to receive a sub lethal dose provided they washed it off quickly enough.:dk: Wonder how many North Korean "enemies of the state" had to die to perfect the lethal concoction

Story in New Scientist saying they're not sure its actually VX. If it was they should have shut down the entire terminal when they found out.

The Malaysian authorities aren't the sharpest, re the debacle over the MH370 with their poor decision making in the early weeks

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Story in New Scientist saying they're not sure its actually VX. If it was they should have shut down the entire terminal when they found out.

The trouble is that news gets distorted beyond reason. What started out as a hit and run by someone driving an Astra VXR ends up as a report of an assassination by someone using VX gas.

North Korean knock-off VX then? - It's not something you can make very simply.

I have a good friend who was one of the unlucky people years back who volunteered to go there, , all for a bit more pay.

He was given drugs LSD , sodium pentothal , and loads of others , with NO clue to what he had been given.

He ended up in Hatton Mental institute , as they thought he had gone mad.
Used to hide under the bed in fear of, (at the time) massive experimental use of ECT treatment .

He was there about a year before they actually found out he had a massive Brain Tumour.

He and many others tried to sue MOD, but only after 50 years did it go to court - it was on the news a couple of years back.
Unfortunately a lot had died via old age/illness so only a handful left, he got 5k compensation.

He said in them days nobody had heard or knew Porton Down or any chemical weapons facility had existed it was pretty secret nobody was ever told what they were given or any possible side effects.

I have read a book about the history of Chemical warfare and it is really scary what things have been done to advance it an the form of how its delivered.

It's by far the cheapest and probably most effective weapon out there, and only isn't used I guess because it was banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom