Home CCTV and live web streaming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
I know there have been a few threads on this subject in the past but was hoping someone could give me some tips and recommend a good system.

I'm after a 2 camera system, probably with a 4 channel box and 500gb HDD. 1 to watch the cars but the other I want to be able to stream live to the web and leave on all the time. So I'll need one which can be streamed and embedded onto a website for a little project and website I'm working on where I'll need a 24/7 live cam. Is this possible or should I be looking to buy a separate wireless camera for the latter use?

I'm looking to spend around £200 or less ideally.

Last edited:
500gb seems a lot to record 1 or 2 cameras - my system at work has 500gb and 8 cameras, and goes about 10 days before the old files get over-written…

Probably 2 seperate set-ups will have the flexibility you appear to need - you might want to look at the "can cam" to keep an eye on the car - I paid about £90 for the one I use at home, it's weatherproof and records to a SD card.

500gb seems a lot to record 1 or 2 cameras - my system at work has 500gb and 8 cameras, and goes about 10 days before the old files get over-written…

I've read that 1GB will store approximately 1 hour of 720P recording and I'm after 720P or 960H really. That CanCam camera looks quite nifty as well.

I know there have been a few threads on this subject in the past but was hoping someone could give me some tips and recommend a good system.

I'm after a 2 camera system, probably with a 4 channel box and 500gb HDD. 1 to watch the cars but the other I want to be able to stream live to the web and leave on all the time. So I'll need one which can be streamed and embedded onto a website for a little project and website I'm working on where I'll need a 24/7 live cam. Is this possible or should I be looking to buy a separate wireless camera for the latter use?

I'm looking to spend around £200 or less ideally.

This will be more expensive and it probably won't provide a feed you can embed in a web page, but they're great...

https://nest.com/uk/camera/meet-nest-cam/

I sell and install CCTV systems and I use either Dahua HDCVI or Hikvision Turbo systems. They both are both analogue systems with megapixel HDMI picture quality at very affordable prices. They also use QR to setup remote viewing ( making my job easier or obsolete ). I hope you choose wisely coz it'll either be a very pleasant experience or not. If you do choose one of the above, as with all my customers, you will be happy, even impressed. Total SA starting to install Hikvision.

I hope this helps.

A Web based system could help a crook check that nobody is home.

I have a homebrew setup running 8 cameras from a dedicated PC in my garage, and using software called icatcher by icode in the uk. Pretty expensive outlay, but a highly recommended investment with loads of features.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom