Home CCTV Camera advice please

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The only downside with this is the delay between the button being pushed and your phone alerting you and you then check the app. The person is often long gone.

I like the solution of being alterted by PIR or similar before the button is even pushed.

This is what I get on my phone when I get a line cross detection , its me btw.
Did have it setup on the front door dome cam but as others have said person could have gone by the time your at the door/opened the app
.image0.png

This is what I get on my phone when I get a line cross detection , its me btw.
Did have it setup on the front door dome cam but as others have said person could have gone by the time your at the door/opened the app
.View attachment 100431

Thanks (again) for that. Looking forward to getting ours up and running.

Loving the John Button pink shirt btw. 😎

I never worry about the door going.
I've seen me sitting on the sofa, the door going and me not moving at all to answer it and letting the person go away.

Wife says I am really ignorant but if I'm not expecting anyone I'm not answering the door to some random salesperson as I am less than polite when they do not take a simple first "no" as the answer.

I've used classic lines in the past such as "nuns can't read?", "jehova's witnesses can't read?" and "I have no interest in doing business with people that cannot read." ;)

I never worry about the door going.
I've seen me sitting on the sofa, the door going and me not moving at all to answer it and letting the person go away.

Wife says I am really ignorant but if I'm not expecting anyone I'm not answering the door to some random salesperson as I am less than polite when they do not take a simple first "no" as the answer.

I've used classic lines in the past such as "nuns can't read?", "jehova's witnesses can't read?" and "I have no interest in doing business with people that cannot read." ;)

but in our case we receive many deliveries throughout the working week for my work so unfortunately Mrs Ant can’t simply ignore the visitor.

but in our case we receive many deliveries throughout the working week for my work so unfortunately Mrs Ant can’t simply ignore the visitor.

I hope you have her on the payroll or reward her correctly by making the dinner and doing the dishes. ;)
Good point, what is for dinner!

We have massive Goods In/Out signs at work but the number of drivers who still go to Reception (not manned) and struggle in the small door with massive boxes is mind boggling. Started keeping them waiting and when they complain point out if they followed the signs they would have been in and out in no time.

Interesting reading here. Am I right in assuming things like Ring operate when someone pushes the doorbell? If so, what use are they for the callers who just tap on the door? It never ceases to amaze me the number of people who do this, mostly delivery people. We’re fortunate enough to have a large house, one that can be seen to be large from the front, but it often happens that someone taps on the front door and we’re too far away to hear it. A motion sensor could alert us, but we don’t want to have to travel to the door just to find a flyer for a distant takeaway. Other than covering the front door with a neon sign saying “Ring the f****** doorbell” I guess we’ll have to put up with contacting Royal Mail / DHL / Amazon / whoever to request another attempt at a delivery after spotting their “You were out ...” note on the doormat!
I’ve had a couple of these attempts where the driver ( for reasons best known to themselves ) ring or knock then disappear before I can get to the door from wherever I am , usually 10-20 seconds later .

A couple of times where it was something I was waiting for , I’ve phoned up the company and told them the driver must have ‘chapped and ran’ and told them I am in and to send him back since he must still be nearby .

Interesting judgement in Oxford County Court. I thought of this thread and the possible implications for those who use Ring (or similar) doorbell cameras.

Surveillance of private territory is fine but I share the irritation of those who object to their comings and goings being recorded by neighbours.

Interesting judgement in Oxford County Court. I thought of this thread and the possible implications for those who use Ring (or similar) doorbell cameras.

Surveillance of private territory is fine but I share the irritation of those who object to their comings and goings being recorded by neighbours.

Interesting case and view.

Personally I’d be chuffed if my neighbour set up and paid for a system that offered my house and family a certain degree of protection should anything happen.

However, I didn’t read the whole article so I don’t know if her neighbour was stalking her in any way. 🤷‍♂️

and this is why extra lighting is important, only lit up by the ir from three cameras. Difficult to see the “gezzer” from this at 0530 ish. The other cameras got a better shot, hopped over the wall, had a shuftee and hopped back. The nvr came in handy watching the other footage and putting this onto a usb drive for the “boys” to look at..

Attachments

• 1DC503FA-92B6-4AAB-88A8-FA8F341D5C6F.png
    1DC503FA-92B6-4AAB-88A8-FA8F341D5C6F.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom