Home cinema

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
I know a lot of people using the term home cinema, and mostly would be a TV with multi speakers set up.
I think in terms of value for money, I would go for projectors, real big screen entertainment :thumb:

I am always a bit of a big screen fan, last year, I've purchased a 3D Epson projector for £1600, I have a very basic 5.1 surround with active Yamaha subwoofer and use Bose mini cube speakers, they are all at least 10years old system, but the sound is still amazing!
It simply projected onto a white wall, not the ideal way, but the picture is still stunning, believe me!

The attached pic was hastily taken with quite a bit of ambient lighting from the windows, the screen size is probably at least 100inches(need to measure properly one day :confused: )

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx302/g8kam88/home%20cinema/DSC00793_zpsfcb98045.jpg

To get that quality picture on a white painted wall with all its imperfections (no offence, you know what I mean) is amazing.:thumb:

I know members in the AV forum spend 5 figures sum for a dedicated home cinema set up. Mine is way out of the league!

What I am suggesting is if members prefer big screen entertainment, they could set a big screen up for around £1k :thumb:

To get that quality picture on a white painted wall with all its imperfections (no offence, you know what I mean) is amazing.:thumb:
I know exactly what you mean, not really ideal, the projector wasn't adjusted properly either, if I have time I would take another pic!

The bottom right corner is my 55" Samsung, so you could sort of compare the sizes. :confused:

It could have been a lot bigger if those light fittings weren't there.

Guess what film I was watching? :D

Last edited:
I project onto a white matt emulsioned wall and the picture is excellent.

I bought a quality screen and projected half onto the screen and half onto the wall.

You couldn't tell the difference, so I took it back.

InFocus projector
Panasonic bluray
Denon Amp
Monitor Audio 5.1 speakers
Audioquest interconnects
Audioquest cabling
Mains conditioner.

Hours of fun :thumb:.

Last edited:
Old school here, in storage at the moment, 3 yes 3 sony d50 crts, for SWMBO they are spares luv, and a sony g70, HD isnt as new as you think ,lol

Old school here, in storage at the moment, 3 yes 3 sony d50 crts, for SWMBO they are spares luv, and a sony g70, HD isnt as new as you think ,lol

hahaha, now you're talking, during periods of singleness I purchased a Electrohome Marquee 9xxx series, broke my back trying to get it into house, but my goodness, the picture !.. Sadly unworkable these days, still got some old Krell amps and B&W speakers which barely go loud enough now to move the dust collecting on them...

hahaha, now you're talking, during periods of singleness I purchased a Electrohome Marquee 9xxx series, broke my back trying to get it into house, but my goodness, the picture !.. Sadly unworkable these days, still got some old Krell amps and B&W speakers which barely go loud enough now to move the dust collecting on them...

The d50's are heavy enough but the g70 is a four man hernia trying to move it, but the picture is stunning, 300 inches of HD delight, although not in service at the moment but one day my dream home cinema will come.

Had our Epson 3D projector for a couple of years now, before that I bought an Hitachi in Tokyo and posted it home (much cheaper), nice screen rolls down from the ceiling, Yamaha Amp, B&W Solid 7.1 setup with a earth shuddering sub tucked away......we have always loved home cinema and find it well worth the cost and effort involved.

Only problem is I have about 4 old amps, 5 DVD players and quite a few spare speakers all tucked away, I never get around to throwing them away!

Had our Epson 3D projector for a couple of years now, before that I bought an Hitachi in Tokyo and posted it home (much cheaper), nice screen rolls down from the ceiling, Yamaha Amp, B&W Solid 7.1 setup with a earth shuddering sub tucked away......we have always loved home cinema and find it well worth the cost and effort involved.

Only problem is I have about 4 old amps, 5 DVD players and quite a few spare speakers all tucked away, I never get around to throwing them away!
I had a Sony VPL ??? before, I think 7.1 probably more suitable for a decent size room, the main one has got to be a subwoofer, it makes all the difference!! :thumb:

I gave all my old amps and speakers away, including my Sony Projector and 6 foot screen.

Here's my simple TV set up, 55" Samsung, yamaha amp, sky box and a PS3

P1060567.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom