Home Digital Weather Stations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I can't recall seeing any other posts on this subject, so is there any other members who have & use a digital weather station?

Mine is about two years old & started life as a Maplins unit however the display broke & I replaced it with a Watson unit which works well.

Attachments

• DSCN0679.jpg
    DSCN0679.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0681.jpg
    DSCN0681.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 24
I've had a Davis Vantage Pro 2 for a few years. It got fried during a thunderstorm a couple of years ago and I keep meaning to repair it. I used to upload onto a web domain that I had registered for it. It was just for fun really but it was only when it went off-line that I started to get emails from windsurfers on the Furness Peninsular who had been relying on it for years and I never knew! I must repair it this year and get it up and running again.

I like a small & simple unit in the lounge so I'm fussy about the display. I've currently got a TFA Dorstmann one ... they do lots of different models.

Used a cheap TCM one from Tchibo for years before that till the outdoor sensor unit died. I actually still have that in my workshop for interior temp/humidity and the radio controlled clock!

Nice piece of kit mate.:thumb:

Also good to learn that others viewed your data.:thumb:

I've had a Davis Vantage Pro 2 for a few years. It got fried during a thunderstorm a couple of years ago and I keep meaning to repair it. I used to upload onto a web domain that I had registered for it. It was just for fun really but it was only when it went off-line that I started to get emails from windsurfers on the Furness Peninsular who had been relying on it for years and I never knew! I must repair it this year and get it up and running again.

Davis Vantage Pro2 here to for the last 5yrs. Mainly to record solar intensity to correlate with my PV solar panels checking efficiency

Nice piece of kit mate.:thumb:

Also good to learn that others viewed your data.:thumb:
Yes it was quite a surprise when they started emailing me!

Your thread has inspired me to fix it so I'm ordering the components today, I'll get them soldered on sometime on the next couple of weeks and then get the thing running again. I'll register a new domain and upload the readings. I use the weatherlink software which interfaces your PC with the station console and then it automatically updates the web page every half an hour or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom