Home information packs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
From another thread:

jeremytaylor said:
Speaking as a surveyor, I really cannot see this tax ever working. It will never be trusted by purchasers or their lenders and will rapidly become a worthless piece of paper. Not that I think it will get that far. I think there will never be enough 'Home Inspectors' to do the job, and the whole scheme will be shelved at the last minute. All the independant surveyors I speak to are sitting on the fence with this expectation, it is only the corporates who are being forced to get trained.

and today:

Home energy ratings to be compulsory

LONDON (Reuters) - Energy ratings similar to those produced for refrigerators and washing machines will have to be produced for every home bought and sold in England and Wales, the government announced on Wednesday.

Certificates, prepared by registered home inspectors, will give houses A to G ratings for energy efficiency and carbon emissions.

They will also tell homeowners the current average costs for heating, hot water and lighting in their home and suggest how to reduce them.

The certificates will become part of the new, mandatory Home Information Packs which sellers will have to provide from next year.

"Given the growing challenge from climate change and rising energy costs, I think people should be entitled to this kind of information about the home they buy," said Housing Minister Yvette Cooper, about the Energy Performance Certificate.

By providing people with sound advice on how to improve energy efficiency, this will help sellers and buyers who want to do their bit to cut carbon emissions as well as cutting their fuel bills too, she said.

Paul King, UK Campaigns Director of the World Wildlife Fund, said homes account for 27 percent of the country's CO2 emissions contributing to global change.

"The introduction of the represents a very positive step forward," he said. "It means that for the first time people will be given the kind of user-friendly information they need to reduce both the environmental impact of their homes and energy bills"

Is there no end to this nonsense???:(

I am just so glad that it looks like we'll be all sorted out before this nonsense all kicks in - it just gets more and more bizarre. It's the sledgehammer to crack a nut scenario all over again.

I watched the interview on BBC1 this morning and she could not grasp that while there are some things that we can all do - certain properties - listed in particular can never hope to achieve "A" rating. It's like most things though - the theory is good but I doubt it will have any impact on the house buying and selling really - just more bureaucracy:mad:

...and they will only last 6 months, so if your house sale takes longer you will have to get another HIP.

Saw something on the news today about this; I almost dropped my coffee when the lovely Sophie said that this Energy Certificate will cost between £600 and £700 to get :eek:

I know Brian doesn't like us talking about politics ;) , but this bunch of muppets really have completely lost the plot. Kick the *&£$$% out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom