Homologation. Checking your cars provenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Actionmann

Car
Vito, SL320, S280, W108
Just spoke to Mercedes on 01908245000 re my cars provenance. They were very helpful unlike some of the dealer network bods. Put me onto Mercedes homologation branch to find out all the info on my car. They are a email service that search all info on your car back in Germany 🇩🇪. Fingers crossed.

[email protected]

Attachments

• 83A8D88F-EBB7-4001-8279-4A33391980BC.jpeg
    83A8D88F-EBB7-4001-8279-4A33391980BC.jpeg
    391.3 KB · Views: 26
The dealer network won't have access to that information as a matter of course so hardly surprising they couldn't help. MBUK as the local "concessionaire" will always have been the correct point of contact for this.

The dealer network won't have access to that information as a matter of course so hardly surprising they couldn't help. MBUK as the local "concessionaire" will always have been the correct point of contact for this.
Just found out by doing bit of digging that my car was bought new by a man called Mr Guy Oboe Otobo . A revered civil servant and engineer and farther of modern Nigeria’s road infrastructure. 🤷🏻 WTH

Just found out by doing bit of digging that my car was bought new by a man called Mr Guy Oboe Otobo . A revered civil servant and engineer and farther of modern Nigeria’s road infrastructure. 🤷🏻 WTH
Thanks, handy to know info is available

vintage part from Merc are often cheaper than eBay. Broken trims from dealer were same or cheaper. Just need a few more bits and the car is complete original and all working. New indicators tyres next and a liquids service. Found early service receipt from first owner. Who did 20,000 miles . Cars damn nearly brand new.

Attachments

• 3C0121E3-5667-4EB6-A446-7CAF3EDEC24E.jpeg
    3C0121E3-5667-4EB6-A446-7CAF3EDEC24E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
vintage part from Merc are often cheaper than eBay. Broken trims from dealer were same or cheaper. Just need a few more bits and the car is complete original and all working. New indicators tyres next and a liquids service. Found early service receipt from first owner. Who did 20,000 miles . Cars damn nearly brand new.
Nice find

The 129 is definitely victim to the "NOS" syndrome on eBay - lots of sellers chancing their arm hoping that people won't bother checking dealer prices. This is partly fuelled by the fact that there are some parts that are either NLA, on long back order or at simply ridiculous prices though.

Nice find
It found me I believe. Life’s turning up some strange shit at the mo. When you think and believe something for a while things show themselves. Good Khama is worth waiting for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom