Hon•duh Civic Tourer 😲

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
So here is the list from Jardine of cars with big boots
CarBoot Space (Litres)
Mercedes-Benz V Class1,030
Land Rover Range Rover909
Mercedes-Benz GLE690
Porsche Cayenne670
Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate670
Škoda Superb Estate660
BMW X5650
Honda Civic Tourer642
Yes I know how big is my back in S212 (690 litres) and I only can assume that the 670 litres is actually for the current S213 but what caught my eye is that 642 litres in Civic Tourer.
I mean, that must be some really clever engineering. That’s huge for really not so big car and that space is almost of a cube shape. Absolutely fantastic design for anyone looking for a family lugger.
5C92AF38-3628-4EE2-908B-3DEC1A6ECE0E.jpeg
And with folded rear seats the space is almost like in S212.
Here are some measurements

BOOT​

Length of boot floor - back row of seats folded down or removed - 1815mm
Length of boot floor - back row of seats upright - 990mm
Vertical height of boot opening- 994mm
Boot sill height to floor of car - 249mm
Boot sill height to ground - 574mm
Width of boot floor at narrowest point - 1050mm
Width of boot opening - bottom - 1010mm
Tbh I’m not sure I would be able to fit a bike like this in my S212.
36D55CB7-73CA-477B-B5B5-3A38964D6FC4.jpeg
And the prices (cough) up to £13k for 3 years old car from Honda with sub 10k miles.

Giving the measurement in litres is pretty pointless unless you are actually carrying poured liquid in the back . I know it's the best way to express the carrying capacity . No good saying will carry the 'average' wardrobe or 'six' suitcases as that is as meaningless as when you hear 'An area the size of Wales' or ' 4 times the size of a Sperm whale'

All those Whales...what does it mean 🤔

The only downside is that you have to drive a Honda Civic Tourer. I'm certain they are very sensible cars, and certainly more reliable than a Mercedes, but still...
Yes that would be a sensible decision of buying one but....
I’m not that sensible.

Well, her friend Dave who is 6’4 didn’t complain
View attachment 110508

I suspect the front seat is well forward, though, and anyway, that doesn't look much like a 6'4" bloke to me...

I've never even seriously considered buying a Japanese or Korean estate, because they never have decently powerful petrol engines. It does make you think, though; the Parkers review is pretty favourable, and if all you need is a nice-to-drive, decently-equipped, well-built and exceedingly reliable load lugger (or in my case, dog lugger) as a daily driver, one of those would make far more sense than a same-age E-class with similar (modest) performance, and with at least twice the mileage, for not far short of twice the price. Honda dealers in general seem to beat MB dealers hands down for cutomer service, too, and while there are far fewer Honda indies, that's mainly because Hondas are so reliable there's no demand.

Remind me again; why did I buy the CLS Shooting Brake?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom