Honda Accord throws a wobbly - replace/repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's an A124 Ade?

Reminded me of how good my C124 was both in condition and drive - my neighbour's cabrio interior has had a hard life... I quite miss the view down the long bonnet and gunsight, and the smooth quiet waftiness of it all..

Not to mention tail happy handling on icy roads :D - he gave me a lift down to the garage once dug out..

Ade

Well I can well and truly dispell the myth that Honda's are totally reliable :mad:

After stranding me, Junior B and the dog on the M4/M25 interchange at 9pm last Thursday with the engine management light on and no engine, the car is now parked at Newton Honda again (probably under six inches of snow).

Any one wish to give me odds on getting it back before Christmas...

Power of dreams, like @#**%

... to add insult to injury, after rubbishing modern car electronics, the friendly Polish recovery driver told me I should get a proper car like a 124 Mercedes... :doh:

Ade :(

Ooops!

Least it wasn't the same junction today at lunchtime.

Still, if you want to get rid of it, there are lots of dreamers out there.

I tell everyone who asks.. never buy a car with around 70,000 on the clock. thats the expensive time in just about every vehicle.

Ooops!

Least it wasn't the same junction today at lunchtime.

Still, if you want to get rid of it, there are lots of dreamers out there.

I'd still be there!

Of course it started this morning so I drove it to the local dealership - missed the snow covered log jam by about 1/2 hour and probably caught one of Network SE last running trains back.. Managed to crash the ticket machine whilst topping up the Oyster card though which took my cash without adding any credit to the card - I'm feeling a little jinxed at the minute.

Waiting for my central heating boiler to explode now..

Ade

(off to invite some wild and probably incorrect speculation as what's actually wrong with it on a Honda forum..)

I am so glad now , sorry , but it was a choice between the Honda and the C class estate that i made a couple of months ago as the Honda has a massive boot space and came out tops in lots of reports and then by chance the Estate came along.

As A newbie, at this stage, come back .

Regards

.. to add insult to injury, after rubbishing modern car electronics, the friendly Polish recovery driver told me I should get a proper car like a 124 Mercedes... :doh:

Did you want to hit him or just grin ruefully:D.....though he does have a point (ducks and runs for over)

Oh dear, sorry. Sometimes it's just the way things work out. My cheapest car ever to own was a Saab 9-3, but that's just a Vectra, right, so no one wants to hear about that. Honda is a decent brand, it's a shame yours isn't representative.

It gets better!

Honda report back with the CPS fault code again but further diagnostics lead to ECU issue - replacement is £928.32 plus 1 hour labour plus the hour and a half labour I've already spent for this nice bit of seasonal cheer.. :mad:

So the car will have cost me £2k in one month, 5 months into ownership, full honda history and no modifications.

I bought the car from Arnold Clarke in May (perhaps first mistake) - where do I stand on consumer rights here - they offer a 60 day warranty which is long gone, do I have any recourse with anyone or do I just have to take it on the chin as its a used car out of warranty and purchased out of the dealer system...

Will be taking this up with Honda customer services in anycase.

Ade :(

I looked into this with my father who gives advice for the CAB some time ago and he recommended speaking to Consumer Direct. I believe under the sale of goods act the car has to be of merchantable quality and even for second hand cars any fault that occurs within 6 months of purchase is deemed to be the responsibility of the supplying dealer. This is where the fun starts as they have to be given the opportunity to check and fix it themselves - so you would need their go-ahead to get your local dealer to sort it.

Edit - if you bought it in May, the six month issue might be a problem.

Last edited:
Indeed, it appears I am in the 7th month of ownership - can't work out what I've done wrong recently to receive such rotten luck...

Hey ho.

Honda have been instructed to fix the thing - Honda UK have been badgered and I await the news that I won't be getting the car back in time for Christmas..

Back to work...

Ade

Sorry to hear this,just when you thought your merc had problems

Indeed, it appears I am in the 7th month of ownership - can't work out what I've done wrong recently to receive such rotten luck...

Well, before I appointed you to do my architectural work my dishwasher, hob and ceilings were destroyed, now everything seems ok. Service above and beyond to take my bad luck away, Adrian!

Planning will be in tomorrow Charles ;)

Honda will apparently have the car fixed Wednesday.

Anyone want to buy it?

Ade

Just the thing Adrian needs to bankrupt him, a 4matic...

Bet the tree now falls down the day you put in for planning...

It will miss causing damage worth less than your excess, Baldrick....

Pick the car up tomorrow. Honda UK have also surprisingly offered a very decent goodwill contribution thanks to some wrangling by Newton Honda on my behalf. No threats or emotive language required which is a relief as the thought of trying to escalate matters does not appeal at the mo.

Good service goes a long way to making these events more palatable. Its still a lot of money mind.. :rolleyes:

Hopefully I'll get beyond January before the next major hiccup..

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom