Honda Accord throws a wobbly - replace/repair?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Having had a diesel Civic I can vouch for their seats being dreadful. On the one occasion I have ever had a bad back, 2 hours in the Civic did for me totally. Even if it hadn't broken down three times I would have disposed of it for the seats alone.

Good to hear the service was exemplary Adrian - very reassuring.

Just failed the MOT needing two rear tyres. :doh:

Knew they were on their last legs but hadn't realised they were so low, the inside edges were almost bald - alignment required methinks...

Gaz_l's Fiat Panda is looking an attractive proposition... :D

Ade

It must be quite fun having a completely different set of problems with the new car, Ade?

You mean ownership is different to the advertisement? ;)

[YOUTUBE]_ve4M4UsJQo[/YOUTUBE]

Nope that's just an inventory of bits that are likely to go wrong in the next 12 months :D

Actually I believe the rear geometry going squiffy is not uncommon on Tourers - its not a terminal condition and may well get deferred for the next owner :devil:

Ade

Sometimes I wonder about these customer satisfaction/reliability surveys, in which I have to say Honda seems to consistently come top or near the top across its model range. Is it down to a lack of faults or to how the manufacturer/agent deals with a problem.

A) Your car develops a fault --you take it to the dealer where your concerns are listened to ----you are given a decent replacement courtesy car without condition and several days later you get the car back repaired to a high standard.
B) Your car develops a fault-- you take it to the dealer where at first they deny the fault exists [ knowing full well its documented]--- under pressure they take it in for repair- -no they don't have a courtesy car available at present and the parts to repair it are on back order from Germany/France/Japan/Korea due to unprecedented demand. Three weeks later the car is finally put back on the road only to break down again as a similar component fails. Finally the car is returned after a month off the road.

My guess is that in any survey an owner will characterise the first car as reliable with a few minor glitches and the second as very unreliable although the actual technical faults/failures may be quite similar.
Its perhaps pertinent then to distinguish between a cars build quality and the experience of ownership which perhaps reflects more on the post sale service offered by the manufacturers dealer network than any intrinsic quality .:dk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom