Honda (sorry) Odyssey Experiences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m80

MB Enthusiast
Car
Viano ex long, 651 2014. S211 646 2009 (till the Gov't drones blow 'em off the road)
Some one here mentioned the Step Wagon, and raised my interest.
The Odyssey looks to perhaps suit our needs better.
Made essentially for N America and Japan I'm considering the Japanese imports as a possibility.
I'm still researching but the 2008 - 2013 generation
or the 2013 onward.
Most likely that would have the 2.4 Petrol engine, earlier seems to be auto, later the CVT box.

Has anyone any real life experiences while they were abroad, or of an import here.?
I've not discounted the Step Wagon but wouldn't expect the same driver confort/s, for distances.

Consumption, and the drive style that created that, of great interest along with cabin noise, rear space with seats flat / out.

Thanks, I hope.

Since no-one has chimed in, essentially the Honda Odyssey is a good van, possibly on par with Toyota equivalent but the Honda is more stylish.
Vehicle handles well and is nicely appointed .
It did have some oil consumption issue between 2008 to 2012 but I think Honda recalled them all on this side.
I am not a minivan nut but I have owned a few when my kids were smaller (Dodge Caravan & Ford Aerostar)
Having driven & fixed them for customers I thought they were an easy to own van & well worth a second look.

Go to You Tube for informative video on these vans ,since this forum site blocks U tube which is a shame
Hope this helps
Tuercas viejas

Muchas gracias Amigo.
It makes sense you would see these, the 3.5 V6 I assume.

For the 3.5 I'm seeing mpg, UK style, to be between 20 - 33.
So far a couple of reports on the 2.4 suggest 27 - 35.
That isn't so far away from a 651 Viano and acceptable. But that's very limited info.
The 'Australian' combined figure for a 2012 is a shade less than 32 UK mpg, again, if true, acceptable.

I'm hoping the 2.4 lump, even as late as 2014, is w/o too much additional emission's guff, and so more reliable and easy to work on in the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom