honest 2.6 190e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikeouk

Car
2010 bmw 325d m sport coupe.......2007 transit high roof ,LWB......
i noticed this on ebay the other day and have in my watch list, I knew it was in my town and today I was sorting a sign next door to the owner (i erect estate agents signs) so i knocked on the door and asked if it was ok to look round it. I started it up and it sounds sweet, the body work is pretty good for the age, no bad rust or dings but its by no means immaculate, the owner bought it only a few months ago from scotland, he said he saw it on piston heads and it was too cheap not to buy it, he was intending having it resprayed and using it as a second car but his wife doesnt like it. He seemed genuine enough and id say for anyone wanting a cheap good spec 190e it would be a good buy. Im half tempted myself but I know realy its daft me buying a car just for the sake of it. The kit looks like a genuine cosworth but im sure the boot spoiler isnt, dont think its been on from the factory though, what was odd to me was the original owner had speced the well but hadnt put a front armrest in, that would have been the first extra id have specified,,what do you guys think its worth out of interest?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180205908337&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Like that a lot, I've got a soft spot for 190's want to get one but don't need a 3rd car right now. If I found one good enough & cheap enough it would be very hard to ignore :D

Anyone know if the central locking issue is a major problem to fix?

Like that a lot, I've got a soft spot for 190's want to get one but don't need a 3rd car right now. If I found one good enough & cheap enough it would be very hard to ignore :D

Your thoughts echo mine exactly.

I really enjoyed my 190E and would love another. Have to be totally standard with no body kit etc though.

Your thoughts echo mine exactly.

I really enjoyed my 190E and would love another. Have to be totally standard with no body kit etc though.

Hmmm, I really like the look of the 190's with that factory bodykit. My aunt had one of the last 190's on a K plate when it was new with leather and the full kit - that car looked absolutely stunning :D

I have a 190e 2.6 and this seems to be a lot of car for relatively little money if the bidding doesn't go crazy!
Just this week I managed to find and correct the fault , exactly the same symptoms, of my own central locking. The central locking would not work from the drvers door although every door, (including the drivers door) would lock from the passenger door and boot. I changed the door actuator and pulled out the pump and tested this and tested that and then the penny dropped! I have an aftermarket remote locking key fob which locks the doors (or used to), closes the windows and activates the alarm. There is the main blue wire that connects from the drivers door actuator to the pump and of course this wire would have to be cut so that the receiver of the remote locking could be installed along it. I found the receiver,pulled off the spade connectors either side of it and bridged them with a piece of wire so that the blue wire was intact again:p . Hey presto the central locking was working again from all the doors including the drivers. I pulled open the receiver and there was corrosion and dry joints so I guess these cheaper units have their day. Sorry for the waffle but I am still heady with success!!
Oh, good luck with the bidding!
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom