"Honest officer - my car told me to do it"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Would that be a valid reason during lockdown ? Cleaned my car today - take it out the garage , open the boot a few times , opened the doors a lot put it back in the garage and the usual " starter battery critical see handbook and drive the car for 30- 60 mins" . I wonder what sort of response or fine I'd get ?

I would say if you regularly use the car to go to work or assist an elderly relative or suchlike , then maintaining your vehicle in a reliable usable condition is important ...but that’s me :)

Would that be a valid reason during lockdown ? Cleaned my car today - take it out the garage , open the boot a few times , opened the doors a lot put it back in the garage and the usual " starter battery critical see handbook and drive the car for 30- 60 mins" . I wonder what sort of response or fine I'd get ?
I think the Police would ask whether your car was aware of the lockdown when it suggested driving, whether you were aware when you set off, and who’s decision was it to drive.

Answering truthfully, “no”, “yes” and “mine” in that order would conclude the matter.

It also tells me when to go and get it serviced or needs adblue and that's allowed during lockdown. :) :)

The thread title could be the excuse a poster on PH needs for his wife , who has apparently been making a very clearly signed illegal "right turn" into the school she works in.

She has received four NIP's for £60 so far and he reckons there are at least another six or so to come. They are arriving almost daily :doh:

I've done all of 110 miles this year , 4 trips to work was 88 miles . I keep offering to take the wife for a day out but the only place open is the local recycling centre.

I've done all of 110 miles this year , 4 trips to work was 88 miles . I keep offering to take the wife for a day out but the only place open is the local recycling centre.
Any port in a storm.

If you're thinking what I think you are, I wouldn't be posting that on a public internet forum.

I have to keep my car in good running order in case I need it in an emergency. If I have to go to the supermarket or Screwfix I take the long way round. So 5 miles becomes 25 miles. An AMG has to be used.

Have had a butcher recommended to us. Butcher is a wholesaler rather than a shop.
Can order their products through facebook for delivery.
Alternatively they have a sunday market stall in a seaside town about 30/35 minutes from home.
It would be nice to view the products before buying.
It would be nice to take the dog for a walk on the beach.
But, to get to this sunday market butchers stall we would pass the butchers in our town and probably a dozen or more in the county town.
I guess we have to stay at home & order via facebook :(

I have been doing the nhs responder thing. Lots of short journeys so take my car on a decent run down the motorway to get it up to temperature, all in the name of preventative maintenance.
I would hope that this would be allowed should I ever get stopped, questioned.

If not, there is plenty I can do at home, the old and house bound can get their own prescriptions

Can you not put the battery on a charger ?
Mine had the "auxiliary battery malfunction" come up, I just charged it up.

Can you not put the battery on a charger ?
Mine had the "auxiliary battery malfunction" come up, I just charged it up.
Far too sensible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom