Honesty is the best policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Troon

MB Enthusiast
Car
A big one
I ordered a Sealey TP69 oil extractor from a supplier who shall remain nameless to protect their reputation. Delivery date was quoted as between 7-11 October - as it's the 12th, I dropped them an email to check where it was.

Just received a phone call "Really sorry mate, totally our fault, we forgot to send it out. We'll send it out today; it'll be with you tomorrow."

Assuming it actually turns up tomorrow, that refreshing honesty leaves me with a much more positive feel for these guys than if they'd tried to bluster their way through it.

Hopefully get that oil change done over the weekend, then. :rolleyes:

i ordered a chest freezer from comet last month.

when i checked up on the delivery date last week, it was given as:

Sunday 25th December 2011 between 8am - 6pm :eek:

hopefully, I'll be in.

You could have jacked the car up and dropped the oil from the sump in the time you have been waiting ;-)

Give them their dues..at least they didn't fob you off or ignore you like some would.

Out of interest Troon, what made you choose the Sealy?

I appointed a surveyor to carry out a full survey on the house I was (and ended up) buying. I rang him to see how the survey went two days after it was due, and he didn't remember me, the property or the instruction. Finally he remembered and said he had forgotten. It wasn't that that caused me to sack him - it was the absence of any contrition, combined with a I'll get round to it sometime when I feel like it attitude.

I appointed a surveyor to carry out a full survey on the house I was (and ended up) buying. I rang him to see how the survey went two days after it was due, and he didn't remember me, the property or the instruction. Finally he remembered and said he had forgotten. It wasn't that that caused me to sack him - it was the absence of any contrition, combined with a I'll get round to it sometime when I feel like it attitude.

Digressing, but what was the outcome of the party wall work?

Neighbours couldn't have been more helpful, but I have yet to serve the notice.

Out of interest Troon, what made you choose the Sealy?

Recommendations on here and other fora, combined with the price versus the "top recommendation" Pela pump.

In the end what turned up was a Chuan Jiing CJ-169-s extractor even though the supplier's ad intimated the unit was by "Jack Sealey". For all I know, it could be exactly the same unit without the Western badging.

I've just changed the oil using it, and it worked brilliantly. I put the thicker of the two supplied pipes down the dipstick, pumped the handle 15-20 times and waited. It sucked all the old oil out in around 4-5 minutes with no further intervention. The unit seems well-built and I hope it'll last for a good few oil changes yet. It's a revelation changing the oil without scrabbling on the floor - I'd only changed oil on various Fords before, and they tend to have much larger ground clearance than my Avantgarde S211.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom