Honeymoon help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mozzer

Car
Disco and E250 Cab
I know this is along the same lines as the Top Holiday post but the request for help is a little different. I get married Mid September and so does my fiancee ;) Through travelling a fair bit last year, we have about 100k of BA Airmiles between us and a budget of around £3k on top of that (excluding food and drink money).

I am looking for the cliche trip of a life time thingy.

Initial thoughts are :

1 - get return flights to Nairobi with the BA miles, do a Kenyan Safari including Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru, The Ark Treetops lodge in Aberdares Mountains, etc for a week or so.
2 - then move on to Mombasa, Melindi or Lamu on the coast of the Indian ocean for R&R.
3 - ideally then spending a day or to on Zanzibar and
4 - finally returning to Nairobi after a total of 3 weeks or so.

Has anyone done this and have any pearls of wisdom for me ? (I don't mean "Don't get marrried" :p )

Also, can anyone think of a better, more memorable honeymoon destination ?

Cheers

S

...canada and the states will never be cheaper than now so your money goes further over there. Loads of different places to choose according to your holiday preferences, or you could hire a car and drive about. Many years ago I had 2.5 weeks - flew into LAX did hollywood, universal studios, went on to grand canyon, then las vegas - great shows there and then via yosemite park / tioga pass down to san francisco - golden gate bridge - fishermans wharf - alcatraz(!) BUT its all personal taste and what your mutual interests are...
Have fun
Les
PS have also taken plane from las vegas over the grand canyon and on to monument valley in arizona where they did the cowboy films - excellent.

I can throughly recommend the Minarrai club in Kalifi (spelling may be crap here), its just down from Malindi, I spent my Honeymoon here 6 yrs ago, it has its own small private beach at the mouth of the creek, so is unique in comparison to most Kenyan beach hotel which stretch along the coast.

the hotel is small to medium size so quite private.

Love to go back oneday.

Paul

I lived in Nairobi for 18 months, you need any advice on where to go please call me. I will pm you my number. BTW go there and you will never visit a zoo again :rolleyes:

Hi Mozzer,
I really think you have answered your own question. The pair of you are obviously 'outdoor' type people and your plans sound brilliant. Just don't book in to many trips.

Enjoy yourselves, take in the wonderful sights and relax.

My brother went to New Zealand and his itinerary for the holiday was exhausting, helicopter trips to glaciers, high speed boat rides, river boat rides, hot air ballooning, para-gliding, the list was endless, and they were exhausted. The locations you will visit have a beauty that you will remember forever, don't go overboard on trying to take in too much. (Any room for a stowaway?)

Regards,
John

Maurius.
Use the miles to get you there 1st Class on a BA from Heathrow (direct) then 3k will get you about 15 days at Trou Au Biches or similer....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom