Hooray, we have finished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
After 168 days of working 18 hours a day we have closed the bar and we are done for summer 2012.:D Our Dutch guests leave at 8am tommorrow. The last flights leave Skiathos on Saturday and then we shut the door and switch off the lights.

Despite all the problems with the Greek economy we have ended up with a turnover 48 % up on last year. Our Tripadvisor reviews are all goods and excellents and we have many guests ready to book for next summer. We found out today that the bar is ours for 2013 so we are well pleased.

My pal has just arrived so I will be spending the next 8 days working on his house with him while Claire (my wife) clears up the bar and pool area.

When my pal returns to the UK it is time for the family, chilling out, fishing, going out on the boat and meeting up with friends we haven't seen during the summer.

I have got a few projects lined up for the winter and so with any luck I won't have to come back to England to work. My wife is 40 in November so I would like to be here for her birthday.

The weather is stunning at the moment (30 degrees) every day although it gets a bit chilly at night. This weather is unheard of at this time of the year and it's set to carry on like this for another 10 days.

Bring on the Autumn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom