Hope it's not a problem!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sprinter16

Car
2003 c180 avantgarde se & 2011 Sprinter 313
Driving my 2003 c108k auto today & something strange happened:eek: It was up to temperature (just) doing around 15 mph & took a right hand bend & it suddenly jumped down into 1st gear, the dashboard confirmed it displaying "S1", which is strange in itself as it only ever shows S + D, N or R. carried on for a few hundred yards & it just stayed in 1st.

As soon as I could I pulled in, selected neutral, reengaged drive and.............back to normal, only did another 5 or 6 miles, no problem & never had the problem before, albeit I have only done a 1,000 miles in it so far & it only has 22,000 in total.

I wondered if it was some form of limp mode, but no messages/warnings. Should I panic/prepare for something expensive?:eek:

Did you knock the Tip shift into 1st by accident?
:wallbash:I was just telling the tale to my son in law & he said the same thing. The problem is it's basically the wifes car (I just write the cheques) so I rarely drive it, well, that's my excuse anyway, TBH I didn't even realise it had the tip shift:dk: In my defence the last auto I drove was a Cortina Ghia, where you selected 1, 2 3 or drive, but that's just showing my old age.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom