Hopeful new C63 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveDJ

Car
AMG C63/Porsche Cayman GTS
Hello everyone.

Over the last few weeks I have been looking through the posts on this forum and it's pleasing to read the good natured sensible discussions and the breadth of knowledge that is willingly passed on, plus the amusing banter, which always lightens the day.

The reason why I've become particularly interested in this forum is because I intend to buy a new C63 in the coming months and I wanted to learn as much as I could about the car to avoid any unexpected surprises.

I've been for a test drive and there's no doubt the car is a lot of fun to drive. I'm also a relatively keen motorcyclist (fairweather, these days) and the C63 comes close to the bike's performance, which I need to satisfy my newly restored enthusiasm for motoring since my retirement.

There's no doubt the car's performance and handling will fit the bill but I also like gizmos and I'm wondering if the Command centre is a little limited in it's functionality and internet connectivity. It's not enough to put me off the car but I would be interested to know how others view the Command centre. These sort of questions I hope to put in the appropriate forum sections.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the process of building the car and trying to decide, amongst other things, whether it's worth paying the extra £1,000 for the AMG performance exhaust. I must say it did bring a smile to my face when I switched it on in the test drive.

Sorry if this is a little too much in my hello post, but I think maybe you can understand enthusiasm can run away with itself.

Welcome from a former W204 C63 owner. Have to say I was somewhat underwhelmed when I test drove a 205 saloon model. So much so, that I'm now going for an M4...

Welcome from a former W204 C63 owner. Have to say I was somewhat underwhelmed when I test drove a 205 saloon model. So much so, that I'm now going for an M4...

Not so hardcore now, then. ;)

Having driven both extensively I don't agree but I will say I would go for M3/4 given the £20k price difference as 15-18% discount can be had on the BMW.

C63 Now on order

Having driven both extensively I don't agree but I will say I would go for M3/4 given the £20k price difference as 15-18% discount can be had on the BMW.

Thanks for that. Your comment made me reconsider. I can be a bit impulsive so I went for another test drive in the C63 and I'm totally sold on the car. So much so I placed the order straight away and hope delivery will be in late May, just in time for a run down to Bonn, Germany in June.

Can't wait.

Thanks for that. Your comment made me reconsider. I can be a bit impulsive so I went for another test drive in the C63 and I'm totally sold on the car. So much so I placed the order straight away and hope delivery will be in late May, just in time for a run down to Bonn, Germany in June.

Can't wait.

Yep the 205 is fantastic! It retains the V8 which is a huge selling point. Congratulations mate!

Hello and welcome! :)

Good choice, and welcome. I hope you added the performance exhaust.

Good choice, and welcome. I hope you added the performance exhaust.

Errm. Well, I hadn't, but I've just gone back and added it, without telling the wife, who didn't agree with it at the time.

The salesman has agreed to take the blame for his mistake, which I thought was very considerate of him. However, I wouldn't place him in such a position of danger. :eek:

Welcome along. lovely car I just can't get along with the interior dash of the 205 especially the screen. Seats however are awesome!

Welcome along. lovely car I just can't get along with the interior dash of the 205 especially the screen. Seats however are awesome!

Thanks.

I know what you mean. The Command screen does look, to me, as though it was added as an afterthought, but the rest overrides such considerations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom