Hoping to get to Horndean tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
Has anyone used the A3 today from Tolworth towards Horndean/Waterlooville? I need to get down there tomorrow morning and would appreciate a 'snow report/road conditions'. TIA

Give Olly a ring, he may have some info on this

I will do in a while-He's the man I'm going to see (hopefully):D

:bannana:Ta

its ok, i live fairly close, big thaw on the way in the morning anyway

I wouldn't bank on the "big thaw" over the weekend - surface temperatures, especially with lying snow, will probably remain below 0 degrees. The nasty prospect is the possibility of freezing rain to really screw the weekend :eek:

They are talking about +6C tomorrow.

Thanks Bill-I'm getting bored of the snow now!!

ground temperature is still above freezing probably about 3 c now, that is why snow is disappearing from my fields with no crop in. It is being melted from the heat of the soil.

The reason the cropped (grass etc) fields have more snow on them is the crop is holding most of the snow just above the ground so the warmer ground is not in direct contact with this snow. The snow thus remains at more or less the same temperature as the air. That is why snow clears first from garden paths/patios and remains on the lawn for longer.

As someone else said air temperature from about 9am tomorrow will be 6C poassibly slightly more

I will do in a while-He's the man I'm going to see (hopefully):D

As an MB owner, is there any other reason to go to Horndean?!!! (apologies if you have friends/family/work there, of course!)

As an MB owner, is there any other reason to go to Horndean?!!! (apologies if you have friends/family/work there, of course!)

Ermmm-Not that I can think of. I have only used Olly's services once, but am very happy with the small job he did for me previously. I will also be asking him to service the SL soon too.:D

Ermmm-Not that I can think of. I have only used Olly's services once, but am very happy with the small job he did for me previously. I will also be asking him to service the SL soon too.:D

Wrap up warm tomorrow. Its -4 at the moment.

They are talking about +6C tomorrow.

I'd be surprised...

The Met Office are still relying on Chief Forecaster opinions and not just the models (as per the media and websites). The Fax charts they produce are predicting less than that, and a warming to "cold" with the potential to get very cold again early next week...

We're not seeing any thawing 15 miles north of Brighton, and I'm now watching the fog develop at -4 degrees. We topped out at -2.9 today :(

I'm not saying that no-one should travel, but with such a complex and unusual weather pattern as we have at the moment, I would be very careful and circumspect.

Well i'm near Horndean (someone has too!) and the temperature has dropped alot and we've got freezing fog rolling in.

I need to get down to Horndean early this week too...

Olly whats the prognosis?

see, the farmers' forecast always accurate, although you have to pay for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom