Horn doesn't sound when locking car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gozoman

Car
Mercedes C180 Blue Efficiency
Got my last problem sorted out and now this has popped up. When I lock the car on the remote the lights flash and the horn sounds, or at least it did. Now the horn doesn't sound although the lights flash and the doors lock. The horn itself is working fine, it just no longer sounds when locking the car. Does anyone know if there is a separate fuse or something that could be the problem here? I've checked through the diagrams of the fuse boxes but can't see anything that would relate to this. Any ideas?

There’s a setting in the cluster options to either have or not have acoustic confirmation of locking. Why that would have changed, I have no idea, but that’s what I’d check first.

Got my last problem sorted out and now this has popped up. When I lock the car on the remote the lights flash and the horn sounds, or at least it did. Now the horn doesn't sound although the lights flash and the doors lock. The horn itself is working fine, it just no longer sounds when locking the car. Does anyone know if there is a separate fuse or something that could be the problem here? I've checked through the diagrams of the fuse boxes but can't see anything that would relate to this. Any ideas?

Depending on where you live and your work patterns maybe your neighbours are very pleased that the Audible Confirmation has beeb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom