Horns.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
For some time now been promising myself that I must change the horn on my S211. A small thing really but to me the horn sounds out of character with the car and it just annoys me hugely every time, which is fairly often thanks to a blind crest on small road bridge over a nearby canal.

So I now discover that PIAA do a of set horns, i.e

Dual tone horn 400Hz/500Hz with weather resist cover
Quantity - 2 Units (1 x 400Hz, 1 x 500Hz)

Anybody got these? Any good?

Need to hear them first!

The horns on my w202 sound seriously camp :( could do with finding some decent ones, wonder what the Actros or the Unimog has... :D

It has just occured to me that I have not used my horn yet so I don't know what it sounds like, nor my alarm, hope they work :eek:

Ady said:
It has just occured to me that I have not used my horn yet:

Prepare to be unimpressed.

Can I just go get any horn from a car from the scrappie then connect it ?

Thanks,
Jeff

MBs have twin horns, one is a "Camp" high town horn for slow speeds and one is supposed to be a "Butch" low high speed horn.

The town one sounds pathetic deliberately so not to scare the locals.

You can fit any horn and if from a scrappie look for a FIAT as they tend to have twin LOUD horns, pedestrians jump out of the way in fright. :D :D

Shude said:
Need to hear them first!

The horns on my w202 sound seriously camp :( could do with finding some decent ones, wonder what the Actros or the Unimog has... :D
the horn on the Actros if 24 volts, but it is still pathetic

Dieselman said:
MBs have twin horns, one is a "Camp" high town horn for slow speeds and one is supposed to be a "Butch" low high speed horn.

The town one sounds pathetic deliberately so not to scare the locals.

Does that mean then only one horn sounds at a time? Where as most twin horns sound both together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom