Horrible vandilism

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DR1VER

Car
1983 Mercedes 500SE, 1964 Ford Galaxie Conv, 2001 Land Rover Discovery V8, 1972 Toyota Crown Coupe
My Dad was just coming out of the Wallasey tunnel yesterday with his friend following (the were both in BMW Z1s as they'd been to a meet). Just as my dads friend came out from the other side of a bridge about 30ft above the road a brick was dropped onto his car. It hit the windscreen and luckily didnt go through, just destroyed the screen.

Then to make it worse the local BMW dealer managed to scratch the leather dash when fitting a new screen (which they fitted incorrectly anyway)!!

This ever hapened to anyone else in the Wallasey tunnel??

Funny you bring this up.. In Coventry its made the front page after a brick was thrown at a window and hit a young girl in the face... :|

if they ever catch the scum who pull tricks like this they should be done for attemted murder,,,,,mind you,going by the sentances handed out nowadays that would mean about 6months in jail:crazy:

How about a brick-finger-brick interface, repeatedly, until they learn their lesson (or until the screaming becomes too piercing through 2 layers of ear defenders, whichever takes longer)?

Shocking! Agree with Mike that when they catch the scrotes, they should be charged with attempted murder - what do they think is going to happen dropping a brick through a car windscreen? :confused:

There was this car, local as well :(

this is wirral said:
Youth who caused driver's death faces four years' jail

From the Wirral Globe, first published Wednesday 2nd Feb 2005.

A TEENAGE boy who killed a van driver by hurling a car battery from an overhead bridge in Wirral has been sentenced to four years' detention.

The 16-year-old boy was told by Judge Henry Globe: "This crime was particularly grave. The act of dropping the battery was in my view, even to you, obviously dangerous in the circumstances where traffic was likely to be and was in fact passing below.

"The inevitable happened. It is an act which is extremely easy to perpetrate and to copy. Others must be deterred from doing so," said Judge Globe, the Recorder of Liverpool.

"You pleaded guilty on the basis it was an unlawful and dangerous act to throw the battery from the bridge when traffic was passing by under the bridge."

He said the 33-year-old victim, Christopher McCaffrey, was described as a gifted paint sprayer who had gained recognition throughout Wirral for his talent in customised spraying of motorcycles.

Judge Globe said: "He was a selfless, caring individual who will be badly missed by his family and friends. Over 300 people from all walks of life and ages attended his funeral. His was a life needlessly taken away from him by reckless and mindless vandalism."

The Rock Ferry youth, whom the judge ruled could not be identified because of his wider family, had pleaded guilty to manslaughter. He was 15 at the time and the court heard that he has learning difficulties and attention deficit hyperactive disorder.

David Aubrey, QC, prosecuting, told Liverpool Crown Court that at 1.50pm, on May 31 last year, Mr McCaffrey, of Moreton, was driving a Mercedes van which he had borrowed from a friend as he was in the process of moving home.

As he drove along New Ferry by-pass in the outside lane towards Bromborough he passed under a bridge at Rock Lane and as he did so "a car battery hit the van in the windscreen and Mr McCaffrey, not surprisingly, rapidly lost control."

Mr Aubrey said that the victim suffered multiple injuries and died at the scene.

Witnesses described the boy as walking with a swagger and then leaning over the bridge railing and hurling the battery with both hands at the blue van.

Police inquiries led to a group of boys who had been seen in the area and one of them, aged 13, told how the older boy had picked up the battery from a garden and walked with it to the bridge.

Shortly afterwards he heard a bang and he saw the boy running away. He saw the aftermath of the incident and correctly believed the driver had died. When he spoke to the other boy he told him he had not meant to kill the driver.

When the defendant was spoken to by police he claimed he had seen someone else throw the object and told the 13-year-old boy to stick to that story. "The defendant was seeking to cover up the enormity of what he had done," said Mr Aubrey.

He was arrested at 6.30pm that day and repeatedly lied saying he had seen two youths dropping it. Mr Aubrey said that had the 13-year-old not assisted police the defendant would have escaped as there was no forensic evidence.

Neil Flewitt, QC, defending, said that the boy suffered from attention deficit hyperactive disorder and learning difficulties. "He was a child with difficulties and limit-ations and not a fully-functioning adult with a clear understanding of the possible consequences of his actions," he said.

He said that it was not accepted that the boy had targeted the van in any way but he must have been aware of the traffic and he risk being run: "He is deeply ashamed and regrets what happened."

The incident took place a month after he had been excluded from school and was back home where he lacked the supervised existence he needed to control his prob-lems.

"It was an accident waiting to happen," he observed.

"He does not have the skills to appreciate the conseq-uences of his actions. It is clear he acts impulsively."

Since his arrest the youth has benefited from assistance while on remand, said Mr Flewitt. The court heard that the boy's previous convictions included arson involving setting fires to mattresses in public in October, 2000, for which he was made the subject of a three-month action plan.

He has two subsequent con-victions for common assault and one for criminal damage and was on bail for one of the assaults at the time of the manslaughter.

Obviously scum, but only four years :crazy:

"....suffered from attention deficit hyperactive disorder and learning difficulties..."

That one must be in the "Stock Defence Pleas for Juvenile Scumbags" handbook.

so he'd be out in 2!!!! this country's judicial system is a joke,,,I dont want to sound harsh here but,,,,immigrants who offend here should be deported to their country to take their punishment there, peodiphiles should be castrated at the first instance, theives should have a finger amputated for every offence they commit, violent criminals should be given exactly the same beating they handed out themselves,life should mean life.

Sonds reasonable to me. If we did that I bet the crime rate would plumit.

DolphiN Tech said:
How about a brick-finger-brick interface, repeatedly, until they learn their lesson (or until the screaming becomes too piercing through 2 layers of ear defenders, whichever takes longer)?

I think a 3B interface (brick-b***s-brick) interface would be more appropriate. I'm also told that Bose noise reducing ear defenders are very good at keeping out unwanted external sounds. :devil:

Don't know what to say but shocking!:mad: :mad:

DieselE said:
I think a 3B interface (brick-b***s-brick) interface would be more appropriate. I'm also told that Bose noise reducing ear defenders are very good at keeping out unwanted external sounds. :devil:

Why not both? Belt and braces approach to make sure they get the message

I know many people will not agree with me on this , but I do feel that for violent crimes we should bring back public floggings : it would cut down the cost of filling prisons and not be seen as such an 'easy option' as a jail sentence for offenders like rapists , knife & gun carriers and those who attack old people , not to mention scum like drug dealers etc.

For murderers , like the ones shown on TV the other night stabbing the medical student to death , captured on CCTV so there was no question whatsoever of his guilt , the death sentence would be appropriate in my mind .

Otherwise , if the cost of keeping prisoners in this country is too high , maybe we could 'contract out' to prisons in other countries where the costs to our taxpayers would be lower ; of course , the prisons may be less salubrious than ours ......

Cartoon in the telegraph last week: Accused is standing in the dock, on a mobile phone:

"Hell Luv, pop my dinner in the oven to keep warm will you? I was sentenced to Life".

Philip

mikeouk said:
so he'd be out in 2!!!! this country's judicial system is a joke,,,I dont want to sound harsh here but,,,,immigrants who offend here should be deported to their country to take their punishment there, peodiphiles should be castrated at the first instance, theives should have a finger amputated for every offence they commit, violent criminals should be given exactly the same beating they handed out themselves,life should mean life.

Just got back from our office in Dubai, very little crime there!

Pontoneer said:
I know many people will not agree with me on this , but I do feel that for violent crimes we should bring back public floggings : it would cut down the cost of filling prisons and not be seen as such an 'easy option' as a jail sentence for offenders like rapists , knife & gun carriers and those who attack old people , not to mention scum like drug dealers etc.

For murderers , like the ones shown on TV the other night stabbing the medical student to death , captured on CCTV so there was no question whatsoever of his guilt , the death sentence would be appropriate in my mind .

Otherwise , if the cost of keeping prisoners in this country is too high , maybe we could 'contract out' to prisons in other countries where the costs to our taxpayers would be lower ; of course , the prisons may be less salubrious than ours ......

Not with you on the public bit. Apparently, corporal punishment as used in Singapore (which is of the real a**se shredding variety) is very effective at keeping crime at a low level without being used in public. Mind you as they use it for crimes such as dropping chewing gum the authorities obviously think zero tolerance policing is a bit slack.

Back in India where my parents are from, I've been there, a village called Sansar Pur...Barely any crime at all, whenever someone commits a crime, they get punishment...and very effective punishment at that, like beatings from the coppers, etc. The laws are way too slack here...4 years for killing a van driver? I feel sorry for his family...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom