Hose pipe snow foam.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cymruambyth

Car
I have a pressure washer and snow foam lance but for the odd quick wash I thought about getting a foam lance for my hose pipe. I`ve seen a few but I thought I`d ask for recommendations....anyone use these? Ta.

I think they can be ok although won't give you all the thick foam that many like.

I use a pump bottle and Citrus pre-wash as opposed to snow foam and then rinse with a normal hose. Works just as well and does save faffing about with the pressure washer. :)

You know, I can't recall the exact make/brand but it's basically like this :

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/mesto-15-litre-foamer-pressure-sprayer.php?cPath=65

You'd probably pick one up in a garden centre or online. Easy to spray a coat over the car, let it dwell and then rinse off. Helps shift most of the nasty stuff you get on the car, especially round the bottom of doors, bumpers etc. Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
I've had a Gilmore Foamaster for years now as an alternative to a power washer. It was expensive but is now 5 years old and working perfectly, fully adjustable good foamer and well made plus seconds to connect when you don't want all the faff of setting up your power washer

I've had a Gilmore Foamaster for years now as an alternative to a power washer. It was expensive but is now 5 years old and working perfectly, fully adjustable good foamer and well made plus seconds to connect when you don't want all the faff of setting up your power washer

Is this the one....can`t seem to find it in the UK?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000Y190WE/

No not really, this one has the adjustable liquid feed plus you can detach the gun from the unit to spray the car.

Nice one :thumb:

No problem, I can't believe how they have come down in price I paid £74 for mine about 5 years ago. there do seem to be a lot of copies though but from what I can see that one on Amazon looks right.

No problem, I can't believe how they have come down in price I paid £74 for mine about 5 years ago. there do seem to be a lot of copies though but from what I can see that one on Amazon looks right.

There`s one there for half the price but seems flimsy from the reviews. At least with the Gilmour, I know that`s a decent one :thumb:

It came yesterday...looks like a well made piece of kit. Looking forward to giving it a whirl tomorrow :)

Quick review. It was a bit windy so it was an effort actually getting any foam on the car due to lack of pressure from outside tap haha. There seemed to be too much water and not enough product so it was just running straight off / drying but that may be fixed by trial and error with the ratio / settings. Did a good enough job, would never replace my Nilfisk but for a quick wash it did the job!

Quick review. It was a bit windy so it was an effort actually getting any foam on the car due to lack of pressure from outside tap haha. There seemed to be too much water and not enough product so it was just running straight off / drying but that may be fixed by trial and error with the ratio / settings. Did a good enough job, would never replace my Nilfisk but for a quick wash it did the job!

I found it better to up the dial to get more foam it is very frugal with the use of the foaming/cleaning liquid so worth fiddling around.

I found it better to up the dial to get more foam it is very frugal with the use of the foaming/cleaning liquid so worth fiddling around.

I had the "bar" set to the max foam application...I think.....but as I said I`ll have another play with settings and mixture :D Good quality stuff though :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom