HOSTED CLOUD PLATFORMS - ANY OPINIONS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockits

MB Enthusiast
Car
2005 E55K Estate; 2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE;2004 E500 Estate;2005 Alfa GT V6;306GTi-6;206 GTi 180
Just doing a load of research, testing and work on Hosted 3CX systems sitting on hosted cloud vm's. We have used 3CX on-premise for years but after 3CX released a hosted/annual product just looking at all the options to find the best option we will commit to for customers.

Anyone done any of this or anything similar and can offer any opinions? 3CX support:
Google Cloud Platform
Amazon Web Services
Azure
1&1
OVH

We have used all of these over the years and I guess the obvious choices will be Google or Amazon. Been doing some testing on Google and it is pretty slick and easy enough. Currently have set up a few gmail accounts with free $300 credits to play with.

3CX have a deployment process for these supported providers and it makes a new deployment very quick & easy. Just need to get my head around initial & ongoing costs as with anything like this it seems a minefield. 3CX is quite light so have a 1 CPU VM with 3.75GB ram & 10gb HD at mo.

No idea what the hourly/monthly costs are....any ideas? Anybody have any preferences or good/bad things to say about any of these providers in their experience?

On paper Azure should have been the natural choice but for some reason has not gained much popularity. Some charities use is due to the $5,000 donation to non-profits.

Most of our clients use AWS.

Some use Google Cloud but anything to do with Google (Gmail, G-Suite, Goggle Drive, Google Cloud...) ends-up being a pain in one way or another. A lot of start-ups use it because of the low cost. Personally I never recommend Google products to our clients.

In short... I think that Azure vs AWS is becoming more like Hyper-V vs ESXi... one is the official Microsoft product, but the other has the larger market share.

And Google Cloud lags behind as the poor man's choice. Said that there are some Google aficionados out there who swear by it. Go figure.

I can't speak for the others but AWS is fantastic - simple to use, incredibly flexible, reliable and resilient.
New features coming out all the time.
You can set up solutions where you can pretty much guarantee 100% availability.

You can get telephony and much more as part of Office 365.

You can get telephony and much more as part of Office 365.
Recently had an email from Microsoft to say that 1TB of cloud storage will soon be included in Office 365, which is being rebranded as Microsoft 365.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom