Hot Start for my 500SL r107

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yooks

Car
500 SL
Hi, I have had my Sl500 for approximately 3 years and as well as restoring it to its showroom condition, I have had this one problem which has had many a so called expert baffled. When hot the engine splutters to life after feathering the throttle, but only when hot. When cold it starts like a Swiss watch. I have: reconditioned the fuel distributor/metering head, changed injectors, replaced cold start reg, fuel accumulator. Can someone here please help. Its very frustrating and embarrassing when admirers of the car make flippent comments when it struggles to start. Thanks

Ignition Coil?

Just out of interest, it’s not old fuel by any chance is it, by old I mean a couple of months in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of interest, it’s not old fuel by any chance is it, by old I mean a couple of months in the tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi and thanks for reply, the fuel lines and tank were cleared out too.

Fuel accumulator, very common problem. Get a new expert if yours is baffled

I'm skeptical that he did but another issue is vapor lock. US cars have their fuel lines go through the A/C lines for that very reason.

I'm skeptical that he did but another issue is vapor lock. US cars have their fuel lines go through the A/C lines for that very reason.
ok thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom