hotel california

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very clever but Ay Caramba the accent of the Vocalist was always going to grate on the sensibilities when compared to Henley's Texas drawl original . Not for me. Sorry.

Well, here's something for you Mr. grober - shows just how professional they are when they can achieve this type of sound live, talk about tight....:):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCpcsGqf20w

Very clever but Ay Caramba the accent of the Vocalist was always going to grate on the sensibilities when compared to Henley's Texas drawl original . Not for me. Sorry.
On the contrary, I thought the accent added something, particularly with the reference to the Colitas plant in in the first verse of the song.

Last edited:
True there is considerable Mexican/Spanish influence in California- they did fight a war over it after all, :eek: so I guess its not too far away from the spirit of it all . Nothing against the undoubted talent of the lead vocalist whose vocal range is similar to Henley's ----- just not for me personally. :dk:

Sorry, not for me either. No comparison with the feeling in Don Henley's version, whether his original or much more recent renditions. As just a small example, compare the "oh" after "Mercedes Benz" in this version to Henley's grunt of disapproval. Was it clever? Yes. Was it enjoyable? Nothing special for me.

The original is just too good, nothing will get close to it for me.

Is it just me that thinks it's a hilarious joke? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom