Hotel in Gatwick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

Hope someone can help:

Flying from Gatwick late April and need to spend the night before and take advantage of some free hotel parking.

Would prefer somewhere nice to eat dinner the night before if possible or a place near a pub although I've no idea what Gatwick pubs might be like!

Thanks in advance,

Lewy

There's a Sofitel on-site at Gatwick. Not stayed in that particular one, but have stayed in a few Sofitels elsewhere and they've all been pretty good..

Cheers,

Gaz

There isn't actually 'Gatwick' town, as such. The 2 nearest towns are Crawley and Horley, both within spitting distance, although Horley is marginally closer and INHO nicer.

I can't really recommend a hotel, however, the Six Bells on Church Road Horley(I think) does good food. There are tons of B&B type places near by on Church Road and Massetts Road most of them do deals including free parking, donno if they are any good though. Avoid, The Skylane, The Cambridge and The Gables, they all have some less than desirable residents (paid for by the tax payer ;))

Do a Google search on:

gatwick hotel parking

You will find a selection of hotels.

Avoid the Hilton at all costs, it is just awful. Food's appalling and bedrooms dated. Not to mention the fact they charge £200/night and £15 for the cabled broadband connection in the rooms.

We're staying in the Cambridge on the weekend, oops, nevermind, it's only for a night.

We were going to stay at the Renaissance (Marriott Group) for £120 odd including 15 days parking.

There's also a Holiday Inn with a huge car park and shuttle service.

The Copthorne is nice enough, car park and shuttle.

My warehouse is just around the corner from both these hotels, and we watch the planes take off during the day (we're not far from the runway).......plenty of parking, the room leaves a little to be desired though:rolleyes:

.... Renaissance (Marriott Group) for £120 odd including 15 days parking.

That was a good stay when we were last there - although that was 3 years ago now.

Mike

Our most regular ones are Airport South and Gatwick/Crawley South. All have decent parking and pubs attached.

Good point, hotel not so important - need good pub :)

Mike

Avoid the Hilton at all costs, it is just awful. Food's appalling and bedrooms dated. Not to mention the fact they charge £200/night and £15 for the cabled broadband connection in the rooms.

The refurbished rooms are nice, its the old rooms that are best avoided. I've stayed there a couple of times now and you can't beat it for location. There is a walk way into the airport terminal. I did get a good deal both times.

I wasn't really happy with the car parking though. The car park is some way away in one of the public car parks that you drop your car off at their entrance and they park it for you (on a local street or supermarket probably). I've heard so many bad things about these car parks I don't think I'd use them again.

Just an update on the Cambridge Hotel. I returned from the Caribbean today after staying here for a night before our flight.

All seemed well on arrival, decent looking place, attentive service and didn't mind when I insisted on taking my car keys on holiday with me. We sat down to watch Eng vs Scotland for the six nations and was later joined by a bloke and his son from the mobile home park behind the hotel who boasted about his 6 children with different women amongst other things.

After the match we sat down to a meal which seemed fine, until I bit into something very, very solid that turned out to be a small hinge complete with screws! All of the staff are eastern european without the greatest command of English, but managed to inform me that I didn't have to pay for my meal, too right!

In the morning, 15 minutes before the shuttle left, the shower didn't work. Enough said, avoid this place!

A while ago, we stayed at a hotel called Effingham Park.
It included 14 days parking, they take you by Mini Bus to Gatwick about 10 minutes away.
If i remember correctly, it also had a Golf course.
I think it was a 4* and was a good price for the deal including the paking.

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago. 2 of us, acommodation, evening meal which was quite acceptable, 16 days parking and 2 minute walk from the airport, £180. No complaints.

A while ago, we stayed at a hotel called Effingham Park.
It included 14 days parking, they take you by Mini Bus to Gatwick about 10 minutes away.
If i remember correctly, it also had a Golf course.
I think it was a 4* and was a good price for the deal including the paking.

It is/was a Copthorne Hotel, now owned by Millennium Hotels. I have never stayed (I lived a short distance away at Haywards Heath) but have played golf and eaten, also went to a wedding reception there. I could not fault the place.

I would allow more than 10 minutes to Gatwick, more like 20-25 minutes depending on which of the two Terminals you are flying from. There are some very good deals with parking but beware, some of their web site prices do not include VAT. Naughty!

LINK HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom