Hotel in Leeds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Just a quick question - anyone have any recommendations for a Hotel in Leeds?

I'm not looking to spend an absolute fortune, but I'd like somewhere fairly close to the city centre, preferably with secure parking.

Will probably be staying for two nights in early May.

All advice/recommendations gratefully received :)

Thanks,

Will

I always stay in the Marriott. Right in the city centre with a secure NCP car park nearby with a discount for hotel guests.

I just did a stay at the Hilton, nothing amazing, but reasonable, and consistant.

What's your budget ?

There is also a travelodge there...much cheaper....

Would prefer something a little nicer than a travelodge, from a very quick look online for what they charge it's got to be worth paying a bit more?

Eg - it's only about £30ish a night more to stay in the Hilton. Couldn't justify paying that much for a travelodge!

I'm not snobbish, nor do I want to pay much more than £100ish/night. Are there any Hotels near to the city centre that have their own parking, the few I glanced at didn't :(

Would be great if there was something, say, within a mile of the city with car parking and middle of the range. Will be eating out, so as long as the room is reasonable, and it's easy to find, I'll be happy :)

Cheers,

Will

Would prefer something a little nicer than a travelodge, from a very quick look online for what they charge it's got to be worth paying a bit more?

Eg - it's only about £30ish a night more to stay in the Hilton. Couldn't justify paying that much for a travelodge!

I'm not snobbish, nor do I want to pay much more than £100ish/night. Are there any Hotels near to the city centre that have their own parking, the few I glanced at didn't :(

Would be great if there was something, say, within a mile of the city with car parking and middle of the range. Will be eating out, so as long as the room is reasonable, and it's easy to find, I'll be happy :)

Cheers,

Will

I would PM Pammy she works in Leeds and knows them all

The Bewleys and Radisson suggestion seem good, I'll have a look at the links :)

Cheers,

Will

Does it have to be bang in the centre?. There are lots of very good ones only a few miles out who seem to charge that little bit less but try that little bit harder plus, easier for sightseeing if that is on your agenda?;) .

My cousin works at the Marriot near Guiseley, secure parking, lovely views,(you can see my house in fact),but she is in Eire at the mo checking out the Guiness, back in a couple of days though.

Portzy

Last time I stopped in Leeds at Christmas stayed at Bewleys. Secure car parking at the hotel. Taxi to city centre approx £6. Easy to find and good value for a city hotel

I must have stayed in nearly all of them and will say that they all have reasonable rooms and foul food.
Another interesting room is the Headingley Lodge, overlooking the cricket ground. Most of the rooms double up as hospitality suites during important matches so the rooms are a decent size and have a nice outlook. There are plenty of pubs and restuarants nearby and you can have breakfast in the canteen with the Leeds Tykes players.

I always stay in the Marriott. Right in the city centre with a secure NCP car park nearby with a discount for hotel guests.

Agreed, although not sure about how secure the NCP is. A friend of mine had his car scratched while he was in there, but the hotel is certainly nice and well positioned.

Does it have to be bang in the centre?. There are lots of very good ones only a few miles out who seem to charge that little bit less but try that little bit harder plus, easier for sightseeing if that is on your agenda?;) .

My cousin works at the Marriot near Guiseley, secure parking, lovely views,(you can see my house in fact),but she is in Eire at the mo checking out the Guiness, back in a couple of days though.

Portzy

Hi Dave,

Doesn't have to be strictly in the centre, but it's just a plan I was making.

Basically, I need to be in 'Otley' on the saturday, so I was going to drive up on the friday, stay overnight and have an evening out in Leeds. That way I would only need to drive or get a taxi for a few miles on the saturday :)

Obviously if there are some fantastic Hotels only a few miles from the centre, it may work out better to organise transport to and from the city on the friday evening as well.

Will

Someone called? :D :D

Been back for a week but I've been ill with a chest infection hence my absence ;)

Anyway - hotels in Leeds:

Not dissimilar to London in many ways for rates and car parking. Not many have secure car parking and those that do only have limited parking on a first come first served basis, but having said that, park wisely and your car will likely be fine.

I like the Marriott. Have stayed there a number of times, although some of it is getting ready for a refurb, the rooms are OK as is the service.

Hilton, had some dedicated parking and I've usually managed to get in - although they do charge for it, but residents may get tokens, check with them. The Hilton and Marriott are very central and comparible in standard.

The Novotel has dedicated free parking, limited, but time your arrival and you'll get in no worries. Again, like all, you know what you'll get. Fairly contemporary and reasonable if you look around the internet for deals - probably the one I would recommend overall tbh.

The Met is the old Metropol, recently undergone refurb and has some parking. Has improved significantly over the past 12 months as did go downhill, but is OK now.

All these are within 1/4 mile of each other.

There are some really nice hotels, Mal Maison, 42 The Calls for example, more costly but very nice - no parking.

Hope that helps - shout if you want more:D :D

Hi Dave,

Doesn't have to be strictly in the centre, but it's just a plan I was making.

Basically, I need to be in 'Otley' on the saturday, so I was going to drive up on the friday, stay overnight and have an evening out in Leeds. That way I would only need to drive or get a taxi for a few miles on the saturday :)

Obviously if there are some fantastic Hotels only a few miles from the centre, it may work out better to organise transport to and from the city on the friday evening as well.

Will

Hello Will.

I could "throw" you, figuratively speaking, from Guiseley to Otley if needed as both towns are only a couple of miles from each other. My cousin cut me and my son deal for new years eve and the room - service - food was all top notch although, being NYE, I couldnt have cared less after 10.00 PM:D .

Anyways, if you give me some idea of what your plans are, I will be in touch with No 1 cousin as soon as she gets back. You never know, Friday is the night of the week that Mrs P lets me out and I could get you to Leeds, probably, but you might have to get yourself back, maybe.

Let me know.

Portzy,

Last edited:
Thanks very much Dave, that's a very kind offer :)

I'll try and have a quick look at the hotel and the dates etc when I'm home and I'll PM you as necessary.

Much appreciated,

Will

Thanks very much Dave, that's a very kind offer :)

I'll try and have a quick look at the hotel and the dates etc when I'm home and I'll PM you as necessary.

Much appreciated,

Will

Very good:) .

Portzy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom