Hotmail Account Hacked ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aletank

MB Enthusiast
I keep getting delivery failure reports and a couple of people have said to me, whats this email you keep sending ?
I've just checked my sent items and I've sent loads of this email without me knowing ! I'll put the email contents below.
How can i stop this ?
Dear,
i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly in electornic products. Now the company is under sales promotion, all the products are sold nearly at its cost.
They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!
It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never!
The web address: <www.hkcshop.com>

Your e-mail address has been 'harvested' and is being spoofed.
Your hotmail account probably hasn't been compromised.

Sorry, multitasking here.

Someone has obtained your e-mail address, (probably from you posting it on a website)
They then spoof it. Replies will go back to your legitimate account.

There is probably not a lot that you can do about it now, (other than get a new address), but my experience is that you get a lot of these for a few days, and they then slowly die away.

Aletank, are these definitely in your sent items?

Our works email was spoofed and has been two or three other times. They disappear after a few days, just a lot of deleating

just remember when you set up your business e-mail accounts sales@ admin@ support@ etc etc are BOUND to be spammed.

Then I take it back - your account may have been compromised. Change your password if not already done.

Never share passwords between websites.
Tempting as it makes life easier - but it also makes it easier for the spammers.
Also dont make passwords proper words or names. That really is handing it to them on a plate.
Always makes passwords a mix of randomish letters and numbers. Preferably also with upper and lower case letters as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom