Hottest day and aircon fails

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went back into the dealer today, we were there bright and early as agreed, set off to collect the car late in the afternoon and they called at 4.55 to tell us that the car wouldn’t be ready today.

Hardly a surprise given that the car sat in their car park from 0800 until 1420.

I guess it’s a case of “let’s complete all the chargeable work first and then we’ll see if we can do some of the warranty stuff”

Just makes you feel like your custom isn’t really valued.

I would complain, but it’s completely pointless. I can write their response for them now - it goes like………

“We are sorry that the service that you received during your recent service visit did not reach the high standards that we aim for. The delays were due to unforeseen circumstances and we apologise for any inconvenience. Should you wish to discuss this matter with our Service Manager then please feel free to contact us. We hope that this isolated incident does not discourage you from using our services in the future”

In other words “blah, blah, blah, we aren’t here to make your life better, you are bottom of the pecking order because this is low revenue warranty work, and, oh, you didn’t buy the car from us did you? - so, suck it up”

Went back into the dealer today, we were there bright and early as agreed, set off to collect the car late in the afternoon and they called at 4.55 to tell us that the car wouldn’t be ready today.

Hardly a surprise given that the car sat in their car park from 0800 until 1420.

I guess it’s a case of “let’s complete all the chargeable work first and then we’ll see if we can do some of the warranty stuff”

Just makes you feel like your custom isn’t really valued.

I would complain, but it’s completely pointless. I can write their response for them now - it goes like………

“We are sorry that the service that you received during your recent service visit did not reach the high standards that we aim for. The delays were due to unforeseen circumstances and we apologise for any inconvenience. Should you wish to discuss this matter with our Service Manager then please feel free to contact us. We hope that this isolated incident does not discourage you from using our services in the future”

In other words “blah, blah, blah, we aren’t here to make your life better, you are bottom of the pecking order because this is low revenue warranty work, and, oh, you didn’t buy the car from us did you? - so, suck it up”
Cynical, but alas, probably true. :(

Just send them a 'not fit for purpose reject the car type letter' even though you have no intention of rejecting the car for a simple component failure . Poor service seems to be the norm these days in the UK , covid has given all the worlds useless Ba$tards all the excuse they need not to get the job done.

Collected today, they called just before lunch, all now sorted.

They did apologise for the need for the overnight stay.

They performed a complete suspension alignment check and an automatic tread depth scan, both reports on the passenger seat, I didn’t ask for them to be done and there was no mention of them on collection.
They used to try and charge nearly £200 for a suspension alignment check, our local tyre company uses the same laser equipment and charges £35 or it’s complementary after any tyre purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom