House name envy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's in a name?

Where I live, all the 'Basement Flats' have strangely disappeared over the past fifteen years.... replaced by 'Garden Flats'. :doh:

Don'tcha just love estate agents. :)

...(it's about three times the size of my place).

How about telling him that the house name can not be changed as such, but if he really wants 'Baker House' then you are happy with a straight swap?

His latest offer was in the low seven figures, Sterling. The answer's still no.

Kin'ell,

You're either a very traditional traditionalist or very rich - low seven figures, as in more than £1,000,000? :eek:.

Or he's just taking the p*ss...........

Last edited:
How about telling him that the house name can not be changed as such, but if he really wants 'Baker House' then you are happy with a straight swap?

Wouldn't touch his place with a barge-pole; I'd rather see it razed to the ground. It's one of a number of instances in the road where traditional houses have been bought up to be knocked down and replaced with larger new builds that pay little respect to their surroundings.

Got it Mocas.

Get the offer upped a bit, take the cash then bung the Council a few to change the road name...

Kin'ell,

You're either a very traditional traditionalist or very rich - low seven figures, as in more than 1,000,000? :eek:.

Or he's just taking the p*ss...........

He started out offering me £10k, and I said no, it's not for sale. He's then come back with increasing offers, and each time has received the same response. He's obtuse enough not to be able to get the message, and no doubt thinks that if he offers enough I'll crumble. Having said that, I suspect he's pretty much at the limit of his collateral, as the increments have been reducing. Perhaps I'll get some peace now.

my brother lives on Terrace Rd. He recently named his detatched house, one of only two houses on the street, Terrace House.

I'm in the same boat as you Mocas, I've got numbers 46 and 72 wanting my house number; the bidding has reached eight figures already (four ninja turtles, Splinter and three different He-Man to be precise)

Thanks for the thread MOCAS, it has cheered my Sunday morning in so many ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom