House of Horrors -some proper justice at last!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
Did anyone see house of horrors last night and witness a rouge tradesman attempt to escape from a pursuing film crew in his new BMW 5 series?

As usual the House of Horrors team set up a rouge computer repair tradesman who charged them £380 for a simple job that should have only really incurred a call out charge. Not only did the guy over charge but he also replaced several parts in the computer with inferior parts and nicked some memory (£200 worth).

To cut a long story short as the BBC presenter was confronting him he walked to his BMW and attempted to reverse out of a car park and away from the film crew but in doing so he caught the front of the car on a brick wall and ripped a quarter of his front bumper off!!!

I’m sure the cost of the repair must have come to more than £580!!

I saw that too - sometimes I think there may just be such a thing as natural justice!!!!

BTW - wasn't it a 7 series? Thought it said (but I could be mistaken) a 740i? Whichever it was I am willing to bet there was in excess of £1K there!

Last edited:
I might well have been a 740i. Certainly not a car you'd expect a computer repair man to drive.

it was a 730d ;)

an expensive repair methinks!!

Did anyone see house of horrors last night and witness a rouge tradesman attempt to escape from a pursuing film crew in his new BMW 5 series?

Yeah, saw that - was hilarious! He got what he deserved :D.

Yeah, saw that - was hilarious! He got what he deserved :D.

Does he care ?

Whilst I agree with the spirit of "house of horrors" , they don't ever show the other side where some poor bugger grafts his pipe off for a week , then gets knocked by the customer .
Thanks to Tesco et al , we are now a nation of cheapos , and have no idea of the real cost of anything -
For example "nicked some memory (£200 worth). " I'd like someone to show me a PC with £200 worth of memory in it full stop .
Yes , it is unfair for traders to do some of the things that they do , but how about a TV series about cheap charlie tosspots who have no intention of paying for what they have done ?

Does he care ?

Don't know, but still think it was funny :devil:.

Whilst I agree with the spirit of "house of horrors" , they don't ever show the other side where some poor bugger grafts his pipe off for a week , then gets knocked by the customer.
Maybe, but surely that is (a) an entirely different problem, and (b) absolutely no justification for what this particular crook did? I'm afraid I can't find any sympathy or understanding for this type of *******s.

I'd like someone to show me a PC with £200 worth of memory in it full stop.
http://tinyurl.com/3yvoyw

:D

Does he care ?

Whilst I agree with the spirit of "house of horrors" , they don't ever show the other side where some poor bugger grafts his pipe off for a week , then gets knocked by the customer .
Thanks to Tesco et al , we are now a nation of cheapos , and have no idea of the real cost of anything -
For example "nicked some memory (£200 worth). " I'd like someone to show me a PC with £200 worth of memory in it full stop .
Yes , it is unfair for traders to do some of the things that they do , but how about a TV series about cheap charlie tosspots who have no intention of paying for what they have done ?
There's always the one cynic, isn't there? ;)
It wasn't just memory, a graphics card was stolen as well. I can see those being worth well over £200.

And I bet he lives at home, and it was his dad's car :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom