houses, diy, gardens etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fredT

Car
NO MB :-D , X5, Ducati 748sps, Porsche 996GT2
Can anyone recommend a good forum for a new house owner?

I know there are knowledgeable people on here but I have lots of questions and things to do so I think I'm better off on a dedicated forum.

Thanks

If you haven't got one yet invest in a decent Pro quality Lithium Ion Battery drill and a set of drill bits . Don't be tempted by cheapos or combination sets sets- something like this will be fine Makita DHP453SY 18V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill | Cordless Combi Drills | Screwfix.com
The key to stress free DIY for the beginner is PLANNING/ESTIMATING the job and gathering the right materials/fixings etc . At the beginning you should spend more time on this than the job itself. It's time well spent.

My two pence worth......
if you have a tooth ache you visit the dentist....
If you feel unwell you go to the doctor's etc...etc
If your house needs jobs doing get the builder in!:thumb:

Tony.

Who needs builders when you can buy gaffer tape and 6 inch nails for so little ?

My two pence worth......
if you have a tooth ache you visit the dentist....
If you feel unwell you go to the doctor's etc...etc
If your house needs jobs doing get the builder in!:thumb:

Tony.

Hiring a builder in this town (or any town) is not very straight forward. Everything I've seen is halfbaked and generally rough around the edges. If you don't know exactly what is involved in a job and how should be done they will rip you off, and I've seen a lot of (big and small jobs) work to friends houses.

I come from a trades background so have a general idea and have access to a great network of tradesmen, unfortunately they are all in Sweden.. You might think it's strange that I need help here then, but some practices are different and I need a competent forum to cross reference stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom