How alarm can get disabled on e-class?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxima

Car
W211
I have this car since 2005. it is W211. I never had this problem before. I went to local shop and when i wanted to set the alarm - nothing happened. i tried few times. when i pressed 'open' button - it flashed once. however 'close' didnt work at all...

once i came back home it worked as usual.

can it be some strong radio signal interference around that particular place which was screwing the keyfob?

(need to note that i even sat inside the car and tried to set the alarm from inside - hoping it will reduce interference somehow).

Radio interferance can cause this type of fault.

As above, check key batteries. Try using the spare key for a while and see if you have the same issue.

is nothing wrong with the batteries. as i said - close button worked - it uses the same battery right

also I went home 20 min later - and all button was working..

is nothing wrong with the batteries. as i said - close button worked - it uses the same battery right

also I went home 20 min later - and all button was working..

Don't be so quick to dismiss the advice above. Just because it locks the car does not mean the battery is fine.

Didn't you spot the Oiks parked up close by with the Radio Jammer and reader who remotely jammed and code read your Key Fob for future stealing to order?

No??

Oh well, keep an eye out tonight! :eek:

If the car thinks a door isn't shut it won't arm the alarm or operate the central locking.

Just a thought.

Didn't you spot the Oiks parked up close by with the Radio Jammer and reader who remotely jammed and code read your Key Fob for future stealing to order?
something like that crossed my mind (this is why I actually went here to ask). it was few teenagers around on the feet. Sudanese asylum seekers. but they went away soon and the alarm still didn't work..

however could you please tell - why would they need to jam in order to read the code? do you have a link to an article which can explain this technology in better details?

They jam the radio code so the car doesn't lock. Most people don't notice.

As it worked for unlock, I doubt it's jamming.

we'll see. if it is not stolen in a month then it was probably nothing.

There is no scanning going on here and almost certainly no jamming either.

Even if the RF code was scanned, the car couldn't be driven away.

I was joking before this 'gets outa hand'! ;)

my 2nd wife used to say - in every joke, there is a pinch of joke.

that was the point yeah ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom