How big is a Smart's boot?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuit

trying to book a hire car for a trip in the summer and Smart is one of the cheapest options - but how much stuff can you get in the boot? i know the dimensions of our cases that the airline will allow us to carry on but it's not much use if they wont fit in the Smart. anyone know a website with the accurate measurements or even better have one of their own to measure?

we are going for a wedding so we need at least one rigid case to take the formalwear.

I did have an option to rent a mini clubman - fun but the hire company decided I couldnt have it after all.:(

on occasion I have fitted a 4hp rotavator in the back and also been camping with it, fitting 2 rucksacks, 1 tent, 2 folding chairs, 2 sleeping bags and mats and box food

P1020740.JPG

Sorry I dont have the dimensions to hand and I'm away from home now, but I'll have a net search and see what I can find.

HTH

edit: how's this?
http://www.ricability.org.uk/report...-guide/Smart-Fortwo-Passion-0.7-3dr-hatch.pdf

Last edited:
Depending on how tall you are and if its the new shape smart then the boot is 'ok'

I have friends who have the old shape and fitted camping stuff for a week or so.

Funny enough I parked next to one of them the other day :)

smartandml.jpg

on occasion I have fitted a 4hp rotavator in the back and also been camping with it, fitting 2 rucksacks, 1 tent, 2 folding chairs, 2 sleeping bags and mats and box food

P1020740.JPG

Sorry I dont have the dimensions to hand and I'm away from home now, but I'll have a net search and see what I can find.

HTH

Looks like that would cram in floor to ceiling?

You could probably comfortably fit two hand luggage sized roller cases in upright, and some soft stuff crammed around them?

Looks like that would cram in floor to ceiling?

It was a bit high, but not too dangerous and not quite to the top of the ceiling. The back of the Smart car's seats are also reinforced. There's a decent amount of space just behing each seat which is below the boot floor. I guess it's always easier to pack many small things than simply 2 large suitcases though.

Many thanks to all - seems like the luggage equation will work after all.:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom