How bored are you of your car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pjs, Nov 11, 2008.

1. pjs

pjs Active Member

Car:
    C250cdi Coupe, Audi S5 Cab
    Driving home in the c230k today (150 mile round trip today mainly on M1), dawned on me i'm bored of it. Nice enough car, but I'm bored. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being very bored, and 10 being where you just want to drive it all the time, guess I'm at 3 out of 10. Cant be ****d to change it though....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How bored is anyone else with their wheels? and before anyone says it I'll say it first, "Only boring people get bored"...

2. Howard

Howard MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CLS 500 / A 150
    Nope , love it ... love the ' v8 woofle ' when you put your foot down ...

3. jpskiller

jpskiller Active Member

Car:
    Wifes
    not got chance to get bored with having to keep fixing things :crazy:

4. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    I've had mine 8 months now. Kinda hankering after something else just because I find getting new (to me) cars a buzz but I know what I get wouldn't be as good (given my financial + employment position).

5. popuptoaster

popuptoaster Active Member

Car:
    2000 E55 AMG Estate
    If i ever get bored of mine i usually just fit a bigger engine :D even when i change cars its usually because i really want something else, not because i dont like my current car, if i had more money and a field i'd still have every car i've ever owned.

6. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS63 AMG
    I'll get bored once it becomes a complete 'C43 Clone' after all the modding is done...

Ive always wondered: If you could afford pretty much any car would you get bored very quickly? with no mods to do etc? For example Maff changes his like he changes his socks ;)

That said, could you become bored of a V12?

7. LeighW

LeighW Active Member

Car:
    '06 Jaguar XJ, '00 Obsidian black CLK320 Avantgarde, '05 Mitsi Colt, '96 GMC Safari
    Nope, had mine just over 3 years now, still like it. I sometimes wish it had a V8 though, and Howard's comments above aren't helping... :rolleyes: Only a black CLK55 would tempt me to change.

8. bigstuff

bigstuff Active Member

run two or three cars then rotate when bored

9. Ade B

Ade B MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
    Never a dull moment with the CE. The joys of old(ish) cars. :D

Ade

10. 190E 2.6

190E 2.6 Active Member

Car:
    C32 AMG BRABUS 190E 2.6 garaged and sorned for a year
    ECHO your sentiments

190E 2.6 :) :p

11. peterg1965

peterg1965 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW F15 X5 40d, BMW 335d M Sport
    Getting bored is an expensive habit for me. 12 cars in 5 years! I absolutely dread to think about the money I have thrown away in depreciation!

Oh well......

12. st4

st4 Banned

Car:
    C220cdi tourer
    Erm, I got a dealer to price my E class. It wasn't good if I sold to him. £8k loss in 8 months. Still it beats my 4.4i V5 which lost that in half the time.

13. A210AMG

A210AMG MB Enthusiast

Recently Ive changed cars every year, and that gets expsensive.

My current car I have had 18 months and so far love it. In summer I do miss not being able to put my roof down.

I don't miss the performance of the quicker cars I have had which I thought I would.

It just does everything we need at the moment, guess the fact I ride to work most days means that when I do use it its more fun :)

I do agree with the moding coment, as I've had cars with all the options / best spec and I get bored quicker as theres nothing to tinker with and try and fit.

So overall happy with our cars for now :)

Doesn't stop be searching on Autotrader / piston heads and ebay at least once a week though (drives the mrs mad)

:) :)

14. davidjpowell

davidjpowell MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover Vogue, Volvo XC60 and crappy Pug 307
    I'm not bored yet - but I've only had the car 1 month - 11 months time is the crunch for me!

15. ms500

ms500 Banned

I still really like my car, but I'm probably going to change it for an m103 engined 300TE as soon as one comes up.

16. andyshore

andyshore Member

Car:
    CLK 320 Convertible Avantgarde
    Just get yourself a Clk 320 Cabriolet in Ferrari red and you will never get bored.
    There is just too much going on for some road user it appears.
    Every boy racer in town wants a race, and then there are the miserable people who just want to shout abuse at you and your car, (very amusing, must be the red flag to the bull syndrome), but I must say, it gets an awful lot of admiration and courtesy off the majority of road users.
    So I can honestly say, no boredom, a good adrenalin rush at a steady 30 MPH.
    Regards,
    Andy

17. Benzin

Benzin Active Member

Car:
    W202 TD Sport Estate
    Thats the badger! Had the C250 for about a month now, still love it, not started on the mods yet, but I still have my little Vauxhall Chevette to have a play in. When the sun eventually shines, jump on the GSXR600 for some adrenaline or on the Suzuki DR250 for some mudplugging greenlaning! Can never get bored!

18. CRS

CRS Active Member

Car:
    TVR Cerbera, Audi A5
    I'm reasonably bored with mine, I wouldn't mind changing it for a W210 as it's always been one of my favourite shapes, i'll probably never get one though as i can't be bothered to actively search for a good one, especially with all the rust issues it had.

19. Will

Will Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    There's definately a 'honeymoon' period with most new cars, and that does tend to wear off after a while.

Remember though, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. How many of us have sold cars, and then regretted the decision (or at least missed them)!

Will

20. Mudster

Mudster MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2008 A150 SE Classic, 2007 Saab 9-3 Sportwagon
    There are only a handfull of cars I would ever really get excited about owning and anything else is really just transport.

Although I am a petrol head, my daily driver is just that, a daily driver and as long as it's comfortable and functional and I can listen to Radio 2/4 then I'm hunkey dorey.

The cars I crave are not practical, none would be considered daily drivers, they would mostly be collectors pieces.

Tags: