How bored are you of your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do that once a month at santa pod and LID ;) (driftworks.co.uk)

not in my car of course!

Really.. can I pm you? I want to give something like that a go.. :D

*** - I am staggered that the cheapest to run 'proper' Mercedes has lost anything at all. In the USA the Priapus thingy car fetches more 2nd hand than new cos of the wait list. Which goes to show that a country that can vote in a texan dolt twice in a row and think hummers are the future knows nothing. But that's something else.

Get an AMG. No-one else want 'em. And L..I..V..E!!

So am I, I wish I'd bought a cheaper (by about £7k E240) and I bet I won't have lost as much.

my a3, cant stand the sight of that money grabbing bi*ch, cant wait for it to be gone, the clk however is lovely! love every driving it.
;)

I think most cars would become boring after a while if this was your daily drive.

I never get bored of cars, but I do sometimes fancy a change ...

;) Ha, got a point there, but I do get variety in my job - M62, M42, M5. If I'm lucky I get to go on the M6 for a bit.

Cars I do miss that I've had inc Wifes Golf GTi DSG, Celica T Sport..and most of all a e46 m3 that simply isnt the best motorway car I've ever had

Just get yourself a Clk 320 Cabriolet in Ferrari red and you will never get bored.
There is just too much going on for some road user it appears.
Every boy racer in town wants a race, and then there are the miserable people who just want to shout abuse at you and your car, (very amusing, must be the red flag to the bull syndrome), but I must say, it gets an awful lot of admiration and courtesy off the majority of road users.
So I can honestly say, no boredom, a good adrenalin rush at a steady 30 MPH.
Regards,
Andy

:cool: Think the trade would call that "Dog Knob Red"..... (hopefully without causing you offence..)

Just get yourself a Clk 320 Cabriolet in Ferrari red and you will never get bored.
There is just too much going on for some road user it appears.
Every boy racer in town wants a race, and then there are the miserable people who just want to shout abuse at you and your car, (very amusing, must be the red flag to the bull syndrome), but I must say, it gets an awful lot of admiration and courtesy off the majority of road users.
So I can honestly say, no boredom, a good adrenalin rush at a steady 30 MPH.
Regards,
Andy

A man after my own heart!! :)

I get polite nods when in the CLK Cabrio, appreciative smiles in the F355, open mouthed jaw drops in the s1 Exige, thumbs up in the Elise 111R, high fives from the boyracers in the EVO VI TME and ignored in the MINI cooper. Never get bored tho :eek:

I get bored easily, or rather, I like to try cars out and yes, the novelty period wears off fairly regularly. Shortest time I've had cars for is 7 weeks, longest was my first Merc for 18 months, everything else about 6 months ish although I had a second car for 12 months so kept things interesting and buying the odd banger here and there and driving other peoples helps me like mine more.

To be honest, I think I have a problem, an addiction, I just like shopping! Anyone wanna buy a Zed?! :D:D

Not bored of mine at all, love it in fact, but recent forum activity has made me realise that i NEED a great big SEC as a project car...

Jay's just looks awesome! I've promised myself i'll get one and start the restoration process in the next year or two. :D

I dont think i'll ever change cars when bored, just add another one to the driveway!

I've owned my vette for 10 years and my last runaround for 7 so I guess I'm a long term keeper. The W202 2 litre I've just brought is only an average run of the mill old mercedes and one with no specific future gain, however there is much to like about Mercedes cars, they are solid beautifully made cars and a pleasure to drive. I love the quietness, love the build quality - and everything down to the smooth, certain and effortless 5 speed gear change. Being a DIY mechanic there is also the fun and pleasure of bringing it up to the finish of when it left the factory. At the moment I'm getting 10/10 on the 'not bored scale' and am looking forward to a 200 mile round trip tomorrow, the only question mark that hangs over the long term relationship with my W202, is, eventually I want to find a 90's SL 500 as my long term cruiser.

I get bored easily, or rather, I like to try cars out and yes, the novelty period wears off fairly regularly. Shortest time I've had cars for is 7 weeks, longest was my first Merc for 18 months, everything else about 6 months ish although I had a second car for 12 months so kept things interesting and buying the odd banger here and there and driving other peoples helps me like mine more.

To be honest, I think I have a problem, an addiction, I just like shopping! Anyone wanna buy a Zed?! :D:D

How much is the Zed? and what is the spec. verdana

My 500E is in storage now and for quite some time.

It was my daily driver and I was getting tired with finding the odd new scratch, door mark (Luckily it never dented, good solid doors) and uncaring attitude other people have for someone elses property.

The final straw was when a few weeks ago I found my exhaust tip pointed down very low, had a quick look and it seemed like just the tip had been hit by something. Then I heard my exhaust blowing a couple of weeks back and the whole system bar the downpipes needs replacing.

I wont allow it to get any worse and only use the best quality parts on the cars so I am getting a Mondeo Estate for daily use when i'm next back from Pakistan.

I loved every drive in the 500E, especially the drives to see the missus late at night, the M11 is my playground then :D

Like others have said though the car will feel far more special if I use it only for the fun stuff, also surprisingly the car wasn't that practical, no towbar, Go Kart wouldn't fit etc.

Dave!

Nope, had mine just over 3 years now, still like it. I sometimes wish it had a V8 though, and Howard's comments above aren't helping... :rolleyes: Only a black CLK55 would tempt me to change.

here here :) still love the car!! bought it 04/11/2005

wouldn't mind a 55 myself but not because of anything wrong with mine

Not had it long enough to be bored yet and there's plenty of work to do on it but I know what you mean, I change my bike every couple of years.

Definatly not, how could you...its rear wheels drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom