How can I achieve this!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
I know you can use a machine polisher and so on to get the headlights clean and clearer than they are..

DSC00054.JPG

But come on, I mean they are ridiculously clear!

How can I achieve that level of transparency on my lights? Is there a trick to it? Can it actually be achieved?

Or are those headlights brand spanking new? But then surely I can get that finish with a rotary?

Mine are as good as those in the photo, so I suppose it is possible to get them back to the way they were.

Yep my CLK headlights are perfectly clear like in the photo too :thumb:

My passenger side front lights are moderately the same.. But the drivers side isn't.. Goes down on the list of things to do.

Thanks guys.

I know you can use a machine polisher and so on to get the headlights clean and clearer than they are..

DSC00054.JPG

But come on, I mean they are ridiculously clear!

How can I achieve that level of transparency on my lights? Is there a trick to it? Can it actually be achieved?

Or are those headlights brand spanking new? But then surely I can get that finish with a rotary?

See if the surface of the glass is scratched. If you use something like 1200 grit wet and dry followed by 1500 grit and then 1800. Then glass polish you might be able to get them 'clearer'........ but check the glass first.

Isn't rubbing with toothpaste meant to be good for that sort of thing too?

Done mine by machine polish - 2500 grit wetsand up to 3500 grit them machine back using 3M

An hours work all in

Job Done.

merc2x.jpg

merc1d.jpg

Last edited:
Wet sand them. Start with 1500 grit and work up never skipping more than one grade to 4000. You can use a DA or a rotary to polish the last of the wet sanding marks out. They will look like new.

OH WOW! What a top thread! I think I've just found me a new weekend project. With the mechanical issues, it will be like rearranging the chairs on the titanic, but at least it'll get me out of the house when she suggests 'we need to talk' etc...

OH WOW! What a top thread! I think I've just found me a new weekend project. With the mechanical issues, it will be like rearranging the chairs on the titanic, but at least it'll get me out of the house when she suggests 'we need to talk' etc...

Well better that than have arguments about the correct way to make cakes..... :thumb:

Ill be getting a 3M Rotary.. Some sandpaper and some free time.. Then ill go for it.

thanks for the advise, a mate of mine tried to use windscreen polish on his and he cracked the light! A very expensive repair job followed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom