How can i add Digital TV to COMAND 2.0 in a vehicle which does not have a TV tuner??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lakv8

Hi,

ive been searching all day and im still quite confused how to do this. I know there are ways to install an aftermarket digituner to command 2.0 without the need to go through the MB tv tuner but i dont know how or what i should be using. Ive been looking at products like 'MERAV2.0' but dont know if id still need a pre installed tuner for this to work?

Can someone plz point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

lak

To connect up an external AV device (i.e your DVB tv tuner) to COMAND 2.0 (cd based comand) that doesnt have the MB Analogue TV tuner you need a 'multimedia' adapter which fools the COMAND into thinking it has TV tuner and thus enabling it to display whatever comes in on the video input. On comand 2.0 the video is RGB (not composite like on the new comands), and it connects in mostly on the C1 connector, which is the smallest square connector on the back of the COMAND.
Digital Freeview Scart Receivers are readily available (Roadstar, Konig, Denver, Futuristix, Metronic etc) which plug directly into the Multimedia Adapter scart input. I have a Roadstar DVBT2112 which comes with a 12v car socket lead and a magmount aerial, making digital tv installation a viable and easy project. Good luck.

stan you are the man! thanks for the reply it was very helpful.

i have a few questions regarding the dvbt2112 tuner and interface
- what interface would you recommend? is there an interface which has a built tuner like an all in one type thing?
- if the power supply is a 12v socket then does that mean il have to have a wire sticking out of the console which goes into the ciggerette lighter? i was hoping the tuner, aerial and connections would stay behind the console out of sight.

thanks again :)

as Stan, that interface will do the job. I have actually used the interface listed from the same ebayer.

You need to butcher some connector blocks in the back of comand to add in the wires from the interface, a little fiddly but no real big horror stories to worry about. Once you have that done, you have audio and composite inputs available to you for connecting to a dvd/tv/games console

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom