How can I change settings for DVD in Motion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asim002

Car
2004 E320 (W211) Japan Spec
Dear Experts
My car is 2004 E320 (W211) imported from Japan, Can I change settings in driver Distraction to allow myself to play DVD while driving, I saw couple of discussions on this topic but for American spec cars, Is it possible in Japan Spec car ?

Secondly, since it is Japan Spec so FM frequency is from 70 ~ 90 but most of the FM channels here are beyond 100 and I successfully change the region to get full range of FM?

Thanks
Asim

Good luck with this request Asim as you wont get many people agreeing to this..... Beyond dangerous in most peoples eyes....

Assuming your child sits in the rear, you can get external screens for COMAND to fit on the back of the front seats headrests.

As for the frequency, I don't think this can be changed on modern cars (though back in the day we used to do this on the older car radios by replacing the oscillator). So you may need to replace the COMAND unit with a European one.

The people who would be able to help with both are www.comand.co.uk (though they won't help with activating video in motion on the COMAND screen itself).

Its illegal.

Its only possible on the very early firmware versions which were almost certainly updated by dealerships etc.

I detail it on my video here as to what versions you need:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I was in a taxi once in Port of Spain where many cars are Jap cast offs and he had this madness running on the dashboard. Every time we stopped the screen would burst into life with some music video the driver was watching , as soon as we started moving it would go off and be replaced by music from some unknown (to me ) source . It was driving me nuts so I told him to switch the bloody thing off.

This I assumed was part of the inbuilt system not allowing the driver screen to show moving images while, er..moving. it might have been an old Lexus.

As far as I am aware it is illegal in the UK to have a 'live' screen in the front of the car visible to the driver while in motion. Was it MB who developed (or tried to develop) a central screen that was 'split' electronically so that a front seat passenger could watch one thing but the driver saw just info from the car on the same screen ? a kind of polarizing/parallax thing...or did I just dream that ? o_O

Is the OP located in UAE?
DVD in motion s illegal in the UK but is it in the UAE?

Was it MB who developed (or tried to develop) a central screen that was 'split' electronically so that a front seat passenger could watch one thing but the driver saw just info from the car on the same screen ? a kind of polarizing/parallax thing...or did I just dream that ?
I think this is from the Range Rover? "Dual-View"?

Dual View Screen

I was considering that :)

Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom