How can I see a speed limit from GPS maps on S-Class

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by watfordih, Mar 21, 2015.

1. watfordih

watfordih New Member

Car:
    2007 S500L
    I've recently bought a 2007 S Class (W221 I think). I was disappointed to find that I do not seem to be able to display the speed limit for where I am on the Navigation system. Does anyone know if that is possible?
    If not, I have a Mio M616LM Sat Nav that I used to use on my previous (non-athermic) car that both displayed the speed limit and alerted when I exceeded it by 3 or 7 mph. I tried that in the S Class but have considerable difficulty getting a good enough GPS signal - due to the athermic windscreen). The satnav does not have an external antenna socket. The only effective solution if I cannot get the speed limit and alerts on the built in satnav appears to be a re-radiating antenna - which I understand is illegal(?) and may impact on the cars electronics. Can anyone advise please??

2. Diesel Benz

Diesel Benz Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
    The easiest solution is to change the car to a W222. Another option is to use a small GPS patch antenna next to the rear view mirror, if your Mio has that option.

3. OP
    OP
    watfordih

watfordih New Member

Car:
    2007 S500L
    Thanks but the satnav does not have an external aerial socket so I can't add the suggested "patch" aerial. A W222 would be nice though but a tad expensive!! :)

4. gilbert121262

gilbert121262 Active Member

Car:
    w221 350L CDI Blutec
    Buy a facelift W221 with "Speed limit Assist"