How can I see a speed limit from GPS maps on S-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

watfordih

Car
2007 S500L
I've recently bought a 2007 S Class (W221 I think). I was disappointed to find that I do not seem to be able to display the speed limit for where I am on the Navigation system. Does anyone know if that is possible?
If not, I have a Mio M616LM Sat Nav that I used to use on my previous (non-athermic) car that both displayed the speed limit and alerted when I exceeded it by 3 or 7 mph. I tried that in the S Class but have considerable difficulty getting a good enough GPS signal - due to the athermic windscreen). The satnav does not have an external antenna socket. The only effective solution if I cannot get the speed limit and alerts on the built in satnav appears to be a re-radiating antenna - which I understand is illegal(?) and may impact on the cars electronics. Can anyone advise please??

The easiest solution is to change the car to a W222. Another option is to use a small GPS patch antenna next to the rear view mirror, if your Mio has that option.

Thanks but the satnav does not have an external aerial socket so I can't add the suggested "patch" aerial. A W222 would be nice though but a tad expensive!! :)

Buy a facelift W221 with "Speed limit Assist"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom